Looking to build a 400+hp sr20det

Hey guys/gals,

im a beginner at the whole building engines thing. wondering what i need to be able to build a 400+hp sr20det, i have been looking at the s14 sr20det.

i want to know what compression ratios to do and parts to use on the head and all that good junk.
its going to be fully forged and all that, also, whats a usual price range for this sort of stuff?

Thanks.
Ben

/search

there’s tons of info everywhere on the internet. I have a tore down S14 SR20DET that up for sale in case your interested.

better off buying one that’s done and for sale. there is one right now on here and if i had the money it would be gone in no time.

you think so? im always weery of the “quality of build” some people put into theyre stuff, you can never be sure unless you do it yourself, ive been thinking about finding one already built, i just done know where id look as some places have bad reviews and some have good reviews but way over budget. i mean the tomei crate motor would be great but i dont have 20+k to spend on something like that. you know?

well buying one off here with other members vouching for quality and you doing a couple of tests on motor would be smart

^+1

You can make 400 whp on the stock bottom end, no need to spend money there. Here are the parts you will need:

GT2871R or Tomei ARMS
740cc Injectors
Tuning Solution
Tomei 260 or JWT S3(HL) Cams
Metal Headgasket and Studs
GReddy (style) Intake Manifold

That’s it. There are other combinations of parts that will work , but this setup is cost effective,
proven and has been done countless times. That’s about 5k in parts not including the motor and basic mods.