sr20det psi?

ok now i have looked everywhere and im sure its been posted on here. but i still have no answer to what im looking for.

K now my sr20det redtop is out of my car and while its out i want to get some owrk done before i put it back in.

i was looking for about 300rwhp for daily driver/drift. now if i can get somewhat close to that im happy.

my redtop is stockkkkk. as far as internally, is close to 300 hp ok? im not to sure i want to get into the internals at all.

now i found this
t25 rebuilt w/ slightly larger compressor wheel
hks 264 step 1 cams
tomei 740cc injectors
z32 maf
greddy vacuum t boost controller
apexi avcr
greddy fmic
3" downpipe w/ exhaust
tubular equal length manifold

now i found another thing saying that 550cc injectors will be just fine.
im gunna skip out on the t2slow and get a s15 turbo for starts.
now he posed 260 step 1 cams. i dont wanna crack this thing open. i want to keep it all bolt ons pretty much.

Can anyone help me or give me some pointers? thanks

I’m lost… you found your engine HAD all that stuff or you just saw someone making 300hp who had all those parts?

Get your sr running nicely first before you do all that (If that is your plan to get all those parts)

someone posted on another fourm that it can be close to 300 hp with a good tune and that setup.

rite now my sr runs nice. pulls very very strong. i just want to know if any of you have a better or more reliable route to getting near 300 whp reliably?

thanks alot TEAM!!!

Your turbo will hold you back with those mods. Youll want something bigger.

i am lookin for a s15 blacktop turbo now as we speak. i want to make sure that i get a turbo that is not under high stress for the hp i want.

but other then turbo. i know there is other.

i really dont wanna pop my motor (blow my motor) for thoes who will ask whatpop is :slight_smile:

you should think about some sort of engine managment i didnt see that on your list
and im thinking you dont need a manual boost controller and an AVCR

I think people should at least know what they need before they do anything. Especially when it comes to cars, if you don’t know what to even buy or whatever, then you’re probably just wasting money. And I don’t think you should want 300hp when you don’t know what you need yet.

well is this not the tech fourm, were other members help meto learn.

i wasnt born jdm tyte. nor a mechanic…thus reason for asking before i do something stoopidddd

thanks team

K, i’ll tell you exactly what you need.

For turbos, choose between a t28 (s15 preferably), GT28RS, GT2871r, etc

Stock cams will be fine

550cc injectors is good for over 300whp

Z32 Maf

You dont need an EBC, a MBC will be fine.

A FMIC is not really necessary if you can get an upgraded SMIC.

3" downpipe and exhaust is an upgrade anyone should do when going Turbo anyways.

Stock manifold is fine.

And Engine management. You can go with an SAFC but I wouldn’t.

It’s up to you whether you want to waste all the extra money but in my opinion, if you really don’t know how to get there, i wouldn’t do it at the moment.

It’s like wanting to buy something that you know nothing about or have no experience with.

Eventually you will learn, but when you do learn, it’s not something that you might want to do. (Buy all those parts)

my goal is roughly the same but this is what i figured i would need: t28, fmic, exhaust, safc, boost controller, z32, 550cc, at 12 psi should be fine? What u guys think?

thanks

yup, that should do it, might have to turn the boost to 14. but 12 could hit 300 depending on ur motor and stuff