What would you recommend? (SR20 tech)

I recently came across a 240sx with a blacktop sr20det motor in it. Now its a very nice car but the turbo is shot! Now I dont “really” want to spend alot of money on the car since it will be my daily and I have no need for insane power but… Would you guys recommend either rebuilding the stock turbo and leave it alone or would it be benficial for me to buy a header, upgraded turbo and dowpipe? with tiny stuff it’s probably at 200whp as it sits… but with the above mentioned parts how much more can you put up the boost before you need injectors, computer etc…? basicaly is it worth the money to do a smalll upgrade ($1500-$2000 total) or am I only going to get 10whp out of it unless I change th computer and so on… also how much hp do you think I could run with that set-up? it already has a front mount intercooler and a 3" exhaust… I know how to build good turbo set-ups and such but i’m not to familiar with sr20’s and their potential… Thanks for your help…

-Jayson

Well, in my experience, you do not want to go over about 10psi on stock injectors with an upraded turbo.

I only have a s15 T28 and at about 10psi I hit 95% injector duty cycle often on stock 370cc’s.

You could go two routes:

If the turbo is shot replace that with a cheap t25 or t28 and use some more money to buy a boost controller. That will get you back on the road and will net you the greatest returns at this point for the lease cash.

Route two includes upgrading injectors, fuel pump, MAF and some electronics for tuning, It maximizes your budget.

SAFC - used $200
550cc Injectors - used $400
Z32 MAF and plug - used $150
T28 - good condition $800
Walbro 255 - new $150
MBC - $100

$1800 (assuming you do the installs)

Spend a few more hundred for some tuning and you could be looking at 300 to the wheels.

Hope that helps

thanks for the advice any other suggestions?

where can you get 550cc used?

Any TurboII Rx-7 at the junkyard.

Any TurboII Rx-7 at the junkyard.[/quote]

wrong injectors for the SR, they do work for the CA tho. DSM ones work for the CA aswell.

sell it