SR20

fellow 240 owners…i just picked up a 240sx…n i have the SR20 motor…with $5000…what can i buy in parts to make it faster…?
it’s a non turbo…i truly want a turbo…but i think it will be too much money for it rite now
i know it’s not a lot of money but it’s will be a slow process…

Spend the $5000 on a turbo engine set + fmic + exhaust.
In the long run it will probably be better than trying to turbo the na sr20de.

so u currently have an sr20de running in ure car?

^^^^

Most of Japan will disagree with that.

Chunki Bai ran a turboed NA SR for years and made sick power with it.

300whp is easy, with NA throttle response.

Not a good platform if you’re shooting for undriveable street power.

And you could do it easily for $5000 with management, as long as your motor is in good shape to begin with.

this is true, but we are dealing with the average person here…chunky has 24/7 support and sponsor money drooling from his rectum to maintain and cover labour costs for fixing the problems…the scenarios are incomparable…

That’s right.

:roll:

Too bad he had it before he was sponsored.

And doesn’t run it now.

And none of them have sponsor money LOL They get discounts at best.

But yeah, bolt in one of those bulletproof, free and easy to maintain SR20DETs in for 5 grand.

Y’know, free and easy for the average person.

^^ Winner for most Sarcasm in a single post ever.

;]

What is that supposed to mean?

i do have the sr20 motor…but its not in yet…
i will put that in during the summer

what u guys thing…turbo or na…?

turbo

like doing a carburated SBC … :roll:

for 5 grand we can turbo your NA motor and you can spend the rest on supporting mods.

all we’d have to do is drill the block to run oil lines to the turbo and you’ll be making more power than a stock turbo SR, ala chunky bai like mr200 said.

PM me or drop by MSSC, where are u located?

5k…

It’s not economically feasible…

^^^

Not if the motor is not already installed. If he has to add an engine swap to that price, probably not feasable. But considering these engines typically sell for $500 with tranny and ECU …

If the motor was already in the car, it would be a lot cheaper.

And come on, it’s a Small Block Ford … jeebus get it right. Like that Chevy ick would …

Anyway.

Running lower boost on an NA motor is common in Japan. And not just Chunky Bai. A lot of people do it. They trade off the ability to make big power, but gain a responsive engine package. 300whp is common on these setups.

They come with better valvetrains, more aggressive cams, and aren’t much weaker than the SR20DET (cuz it’s such a powerhouse to begin with … don’t fuck with magnets).

The NA SR Silvia Q motor is not the same as the FWD SR20DE out of Sentras and 2000NSx.

You would be pulling the motor to do the turbo build would you not?

yes we would, you got me :frowning:

Yeah,

I suppose it’s up to whatever sleepy_eyes wants to do.

what in the fuck? i don’t understand this thread.

spell normal. do you even have your grade 10?

you should have done your research.