IN need of true opinions on engines

So my cars doing some sitting for a while cuz im repainting it and it hasnt passed the drive clean test
a buddy mentioned his friend whos like pretty close to me is selling his Sr20de no turbo in it anymore
like he said that its $700 i really dont know what to ask about it for info B 4 i purchase a lemon
my ? is what do i ask beside kms and what has been done. what procedure should i do man ??? Like isnt 700 dollars a bit cheap for an sr? i unno you tell me, thanks !!

If it’s still running in the car, ask or do a leakdown and compression test, if possible. Is the motor a factory SR20DE, or an SR with the turbo side missing (replaced with a de header)?

Spend money on something else =/ sr20de lame

Might as well buy a Sr20det

My buddy has an SR20DE that he turbo’d and is making a good amount of power and response out of it.

sr20de is stupid.

well i figured id work on an sr because its built for boost and is cheaper in parts?
i was either going to spend money on spacers and overfenders or an sr plus it puts out different emmisions i think, so it might not pass even more im guessing lol theres lots of littles things to look at but thanks for the inputs it is much apperciated
i unno theres something about the KA24de that i kinda like though.

an sr20de with vvl heads and a few tuning items can make 230-240whp… been done… yup… not alot of torque down low but… hey :slight_smile:

Also it’s CRAZY light… one guy on nrr runs one and makes like 170whp if i recall… and is 100lbs lighter than me… and im fully stripped out :-/

Too much hate on anything not sr20det on this forum, wrong place to ask for advice imo. Of course an sr20det will make more power from the get go… that’s like saying hey don’t waste your time on a KA24DE NA power just go turbo it’ll make more power… of course it will duh! Then I can be an ass and say well my twin turbo v8 will make even more power (i don’t have one but just saying)! That’s stupid… everything has its pros and cons…

An sr20de tuned to 230whp for racing would be balling responsive and mega mega lightweight… they do it mostly in australia and new zeland…

i cant beleive you even asked about a sr20de

dear god. somebody please think of the children

just a stock ka24det will not handle as much boost as an sr20 can “bone stock”

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

ya but hey id have to put a turbo on that mutha and spend more money still…

pew screw this. 1.6 hybrid.

Doesn’t a stock sr20de and a sr20det have some differences, i thought the stock sr20det came with oil squirters for pistons, while the n/a variant doesn’t.

you should read up on ka-t forums to correct your opinion :slight_smile: Just because people blew up KAs and talk shit here doesn’t mean that’s the way they are :slight_smile: There’s plenty of people here who also blew up their SRs three times in a row and what have you

x2.