1000hp SR20det

Hey guys i was planning to build my sr, looking for some ideas for high horse power and big torque… what has anyone seen in reguards to big hp sr20’s anything over 600 ? or mostly 450 to 500 range… can these motors be build and boosted to that much without any machining to the block or head? and what are some nice mods to think about
ex:
intake manifold with t.b
exmanifold
3 inch turbo outlet
new piss, rods
intake and ex cam

what else is there in reguards to turbo sizes as in upgrades, and the fuel management and stuff thanks …

Why?

Just WHY?

I don’t get it, what do you need all that power for?

it will be comming off the road in a month and becoming a track car most likely… i would never think about running anything like that on the street.

I would, but I cant

for one your going to need bigger injectors

hah you would drive it on the street, or build it? lol

yah i know the little stuff like injectors and fuel rail , all the tricky things but how much power am i realistically looking to get out of one of these sr’s if i spend 10 thosand dollars

SR20DET Base
Turbonetics T66 BallBearing Turbo
CP 86mm Pistons
Eagle H-Beam Rods
8.1:1 Compression ratio
Apex’i 1.5mm Headgasket
Tomei 270/270 12.5mm Cams
Adjustable Cam gears
Apex’i Double valve Springs
Tial 38mm Wastegate
3" Downpipe
Q45 Throttlebody
1600cc injectors
Billet fuel rail
HKS DLI Ignition
NK6 -9 iridium Plugs

you get all that you will have close to 700hp @ 530-550lbs/torque

also…i know its high…but you can run 35psi to the turbo

theres your 10.000$ spent…or a littlemore over

10 second silvia

520 kw’s = 697 hp

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2989/article.html

theres more then 20,000 dollars invested in that motor i bet, judging by all the bolt on’s and inside work done.

lots of tomei internals, including being stroked to nearly 2.2 liters.

good luck hitting that much hp. stick with something more conservative, 300 or so, thats plenty for a track car.

Learn to drive first.

honestly if you have to ask whats needed… you shouldnt build a motor like that

as well… wtf do you need 600 hp in a track car for… especially a 240 track car. especially a unibody 240… especially one that wont see door to door racing.

GT

lol

after i finished my post, i went to click on ‘new posts’ and there were already 2 new posts in the thread.

lol, people are really taken by this one.

I would be building for drag reasons not road course

agreed. i cant even reply in time lol

Greg rules…

Mazworx has a 1,000hp SR20…

http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=152253&highlight=mazworx+1000

Wow. Well said. That was exactly what I was going to say.

On another note. If you do get your car to be a high horse power car. Pm phil (s14_2nv), I’m pretty sure he’ll want to be your friend.

its going to be a drag car for the last fucking time… stop quoting peoples ignorance

Then pick a better platform. The 240SX sucks at drag.

the 240sx isnt all that bad ive seen them run 10’s and 11’s in videos all the time, im not looking to break a world land speed reccord here, just produce some big hp and see what it will run… just because its a better drift car than a drag car doesnt mean it cant be built to go strait… im not into mustangs and camaro’s or any typical drag car… i like the sr20 and i would like to see what i can do…

10’s and 11’s is shit though, for something built to drag. Other platforms are running 7’s and even 6’s.

i dont even know what to say to such a stupid comment… 6 secconds… are you an idiot? im not building a fucking funny car… there are NO supras, skylines, lancer evos, any sport compact running 6 secconds on stock body’s and built motors… just keep your comments to your self if your not trying to help, all you talk is shit