wow.

wonder what blew up at the end hahaha that was a lot of sparks

That’s a T25 right?

Holy F@ck…

I think you would need a KA for that.

Thinking more towards the GA16DE for a quicker spool

holy turbo lag batman… what happened on that last run? something blew up :o

What ever blew up I think hit his hand… :axe:

So I’ve got a question for the turbo guys…

Why wouldn’t you use a smaller turbine? As I understand it, the “lag” is just how long it takes to get the turbine spinning at full speed, and the only things slowing it down would be the size of the turbine housing (how fast it can build exhaust pressure), and the weight of the wheels on either side of the shaft (exhaust and compressor side).

Why aren’t they using a more practical sized turbine like a T4, and still using the big huge compressor?

I’m obviously missing something…

• Mike

well most guys with ~2 litre displacement do you use that kind of turbo setup. the problem with a small exhaust side is you are cutting down spool time, but at the expense of higher rpm exhaust flow .ie maxing out your efficiency faster. for a streetable setup i’d go with a t3/t4 over a straight t4 any day.

also a smaller turbine wheel will create way more heat at say 15psi than a big turbine wheel (as it has to spin faster to create the same boost) which defeats the purpose of a big turbo all together.

Err duh yeah that makes sense… I knew I was missing something. Of course, amount of air coming in the intake side has to equal amount of air going out the exhaust side. Smaller turbine housing would mean it can’t keep up with the air coming in the intake side… pressure goes up, heat goes up, efficiency goes out the window.

Gotcha, thanks.

• Mike

Good old Turbo lag, that Turbo must start spooling at 6000 rpm or something, then when it hits boom there goes the engine

with a turbo like that, on a race track im 100% certain they would use alot of nitrous to make up for the big turbo until it spools

nitrous …what ricers :stuck_out_tongue:

omfg… at first i thought they bolted it on just for shiet and gigles…but damn they got free time and $$$ on their hands.
At the end i thought a gasket blew or something