Turbo Tax...anyone use?

anyone use this program to file this year? Does it do Fed and state?

I used the online Turbo Tax, yeah it does do federal and state. I’m unsure if I’m actually going to file with it though, as I think it costs $40-50 to file both federal and state.

because I downloaded it off torrent…and wonder if it’s any good. I have the delux package.

I used the online one for free because I am in the Military… I’ve been happy with them in the past too. It does pretty much everything for you as long as your stuff isn’t too complicated.

Does the job, then at the end just print it and file it yourself to save more money.

If you print, you still have to pay…

I used it ths year; cost me like $80 for the premier edition (Had to use it due to owning/selling/buying stocks) for both Fed and State, I’ll have my return Friday for both. 'bout a 2 week turn right now.

I downloaded it off torrent for free so cost me nada

You have to pay to efile

I paid $170 to H&R Block just to make sure everything was right. Well worth it. :slight_smile: $$$

I’ve used it for the past 3 years. Year 1 I bought it, year 2 I copied it, year 3 I found a torrent. Paid to e-file, works great. And the best part is using the same software multiple years it will import your taxes from the previous year, saving a bunch of work.

This year I’m going to a professional, but my taxes are really complicated this year with the consulting I did.

since i made less then 28k this year i filed for FREE for state and fed on turbotax

turbotax is wonderful if you file single, don’t claim major deductions, and have a lower income.

very simple interface, and it saves all your info so you can file again next year a lot easier. nice touch.

If you have a simple return most places only charge 60 bucks. At least thats what I used to pay before I bought a house and started to itemize. Now I pay 120 because of all the extra forms.

exactly

I did turbotax online. 2 W2’s, mortgage interest, student loan interest. Cost me all together $44 to file both fed and state online. It was very easy. I got a couple of deductions I didn’t know about. A personal deduction or something like that, and I deducted the new door I put on my house as an energy savings upgrade.

I did turbotax online for both state and fed… cost me like 28 bux, Will put my refunds right into my checking, and e-file was free.