Turbocharger Smacktalk (formely: ka-t project)

After many month of talking with no action I finally got all the part to get this beast on the road . All that is needed is a downpipe . I decided to purchase the SR downpipe with the flex for this project . Will take it to a show and extend it to reach my turbo ,

wait a sec. Weren’t you the guy BASHING Andrews setup as being ‘Ghetto’

ROFLMFAO

pot calling the kettle black dude…

I wouldn’t call it ghetto; just a bit messy. :dunno:

wait a sec. Weren’t you the guy BASHING Andrews setup as being ‘Ghetto’

first of all , do I know you ?
second , is your name andrew ?
third , where did you get the information from ?

interested to know what rpm that turbo hits 10psi on a KA

6800rpm

What fuel rail are you using with those dsm injectors?

Good stuff, now get that motor boosted!

The turbo has been tested on a 2.4 little motor and it will start procuding boost as little as 2000 RPm , not the small ar on the exhaust side and big wastegate .
I am using the stock fuel rail with the dsm injectors .

I installed the Fmic this morning and the intercooler piping should be completed by wednesday . If all goes well I will hit the dyno tune on friday.

I am posting my setup so that people wanting to turbo their ka can have some guidance on the process. Too much in writing but no enough picture on the process IMO.

Im doing ka24et as well, My piping for FMIC is all being done this week, intake, oil and coolant lines as well. Ill be ready to go, minus my one BIG problem. Jordan Gladman loafts! I’ve been waiting for 3 weeks for his manifold and it hasnt shown, so I got my money back…

Where did you get yours from…?? If you cant help, Ill be using a JGSTools manifold and have it all TIG’d up…

:bsflag:

My BB T3 with T28 exhaust side doesn’t spool that fast. I make boost at 2200-2400.

Also is that turbo not going to hit your strut tower and or engine mount?

Furthermore, I hope you arn’t running stock ecu with just an FPR? Please tell me you at least have an SAFC-2?

Andrew.

2000rpm times two…

Ball Bearing T28’s on KA’s barely start making boost at 2000rpm.

I got ruffly the same sized turbo as that but with a GT Stage III
Exhaust Wheel and Dual Ballbearing Center CHRA and I Make boost
at 4000rpm on a Equal Length Header and 4" Downpipe and Exhaust.

WOW, my SR hits 10Psi at 2350rpm, KATs suck

:lol: ahhh yeah, when you have a t25…

And Adam, yeah thats what I was trying to get to. I start making it around 2200-2400rpm.

Andrew

• have you test fit that assembly into your engine bay yet? I guarentee you will hit your steerer tube , your engine mount, AC lines if you have them and strut tower.

how do you plan to control your boost reference needs… I see bigger pump and injectors with a $15 FPR but no boost referencing system in increase fuel flow as you increase boost and to reduce fuel press or pulse width off boost with the larger inj…

It appears your jumped before you really looked at what was required to ‘make go now’ … good luck with that setup I suspect you thew allot of money away for nothing

yes I did a test fit and I am not having any problem with that turbo /wastegate assembly .

Yes I do have a safc 2 , how would I be running the 450 CC then ?

The turbo is gonna start making boost at 2000 rpm , that was told according to the test made by the guy who build it , problem with that , call cherry turbo .
yes you are right jordan is been an ass , I would still be waiting for my manifold if I didn’t take action .

I got 15 $ right here, please find me a fpr . And BAS try to read more about turbo charging and fuel flow control before you post because you really starting to piss me off. If you know so much you should be guiding people not criticizing them. Fist to say you doing it wrong but last to show you how to do it right. I would really hate taking this informative threat into a battle zone so if you got any problem with me, sent me a Pm otherwise shut it.

if herman at cherry turbos said it , take it as gospel, he knows his shit , next turbo i get is gonna be through him forsure hands down

450cc on a KA iwth just an S-AFC?

doesn’t that run fucked up out of boost?

What are you talking about?

What the hell is a Steerer Tube?

Are you New?

first off , SAFC is a 2D mapping system it will NOT control fuel based on boost refrence. It controls fuel based on RPM alone, nothing else…

next… since your runnig a T03 .48 turbine housing… ask hector when he gets spool… the only difference between your two turbos is that your using a larger front end , which of course leads to a more drastic rpm fall off , off throttle and in shift, which leads to more lag time " I know hector isn’t getting full boost by 2000rpm so it’s pretty much a physical impossiblity that yours is going to be THAT much different.

" mayhap you should read a book or two as well…"

“If you know so much you should be guiding people not criticizing them. Fist to say you doing it wrong but last to show you how to do it right.”

that’s funny considering you were cutting up a 316 .083" wall header that’s gusseted up the ass as a pc of junk , yet you freely turned around to admit that you had no clue what the specs were on the header you were cutting up. YOU freely cut up andrews setup yet you you nothing of the overall work that went into , like a complete rebuild of an engine specifically built for tiurbo use, like the use of a stand alone ECU system that, beyond what you think of it as “a pile of junk” is probably one of the best ECU’s on the market for a price that 3x what it costs to begin with , the Megasquirt… THen the guy even gives you a deal on fittings and throws in a hard to find just becuse you asked for it… and you have the odacity to stand there afterwards and try to talk down to him and his setup as crap…

LOL oops my bad NOT $15 … LOL
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-ECLIPSE-TALON-89-94-NT-T-JDM_W0QQitemZ7993290110QQcategoryZ33553QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

quality parts dude… heres a deal I’ll lay off you and you stop hammering insipidly on subjects you know nothing about…