Turbonetics turbos FTL

I toasted my turbo at the track last Wednesday. I bought it used from someone who only had it for a year and put about 5k on it. I ran it all last year at about 20 psi and a couple of 25 psi passes at the end of the season. I did an easy shakedown first pass Wednesday and the car felt great and ran a 12.5. I upped the boost and the car started to have issues at the top of 4th. The next pass it started in third and so on. I changed computer programs and it pulled hard but my boost wold not go above 20 psi. I get into the pits and it started smoking big time.
I pulled the head and turbo thursday and the turbo is trashed. It is on its way to Arizona to get fixed. I sent a garrett turbo with it so that he can use the center cartridge from it. So basically the only things I am going to use from the turbonetics are the housings. I am also going from a super 60 to a super 70. So hopefully I will get it together ASAP and hit my season goal of a pass in the 11s.

ok

used turbo’s = ftl

used turbo’s should only be purchased from people you know enough to trust, and only if you accept the fact that that still doesnt mean it will work as long as u want it to

its either that, or buy cheap enough that youll still be ahead if you have to send it out for a rebuild

I did get it for a good price. Turbonetics decided to use a bigger turbine shaft than everyone else so you have to buy theirs. They don’t make the size I need anymore so I can’t use them anyway.
I found out after I bought it that the garrett super 60s were more durable. So that is why I am switching back to a garrett.

Used Turbo and you’re blaming turbonetics? :lol:

It was only a year old with 5k on it. I know the person I got it from. I would think that it would last more than 5k.

thats what Im thinking.
What kind of fucked up post is that…