Twin turbo Trans Am build and LSX swap Mustang hackery

Well i live right in that area so its possible but I can’t think of it off the top of my head

I’ve been reading into meth on ls motors. Seems the reliable builds us meth as a safety net not a limit. And most use 100% meth not a mix.

What is the fastest car u drove? Bills? This thing is going to be a monster, huge jump from 130 trap to a ~150.

Meth injection always seems like a horrible idea.

When your fuel pump quits running or you run out of fuel when running e85, the motor stops.

When your meth pump quits running or you run out of methanol, your car detonates itself to pieces.

E85 is everywhere. If you want to be a true baller, look into an ECU with a flex fuel option. IE: Timing and fuel maps that adjust to ethanol content in your fuel tank.

:word:

I have the green 300z. If it was you, you jumped the start, then kept on going well after I hit 120. Was around Pleasant Ave. and Rt. 20.

On of the great things about a turbo V-8 is the ability to run a pretty long gear like the 3.27s I had in the FD. When you setup a long gear and an aggressive tire. (mt drs, nt01, etc) It is pretty easy to manage 700ish rwhp on the street. Not sure what JT plans for street mode but as far as if it can be big hp and a street car I say yes 100%.

Also

SIQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Just before the end of the season i switched to 3.25’s. Street mode will be the Fikse 17’s, i would like to get a 325 out back. Still have the race stars for a rare track appearance as well :tspry:

When is the rollcage going in? The fab work looks real nice!

I may have RJ Pro fab do one this spring. I really like the way Brian’s turned out.

I would say no to a meth setup. It’s more trouble than it’s worth. E85 isn’t really that hard to come by, you just need to make sure there’s a pump somewhere close by. If you want more power the ethanol is a better option. This is gonna be an awesome build!

You can always use a meth kit to supplement additional fuel when the injectors are maxed out. I think Jim drives his car too much for E85 and the limiting factor on this engine is going to be holding the cylinder heads down. This isn’t like an import and you can’t run 30-35 psi.

I think u should Never max out your injectors and use meth to make up for it. Which is why I asked about the 80s, do a search on injector flow vs pump flow.

I made 975rwhp on 83#'s with pump.

This makes me very happy. Straight 93?

This is awesome. Had no idea you were doing this. So much bling !
Will it be faster ? It’s certainly cooler lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Nonsense on all this meth negativity. I’ve been running meth injection for years now on numerous boosted cars and currently run it on my turboed SS. If you get a good kit, use some of the safety options like a low level sensor etc. and get the tune right it’s a great option both for power and for the safety factor. I love the results I get from running it on my setup, of course I don’t recommend using meth as a band aid for too small injectors or detonation.

In my opinion having a secondary form of injection, other than an extra set of injectors is just another thing that can go wrong. It’s MUCH easier to just fill up with E85 and crank the boost up to make more power as opposed to using the meth kit to increase the octane of the fuel being used to in turn make more power. Personally I’d sleep better at night knowing my 10k+ longblock isn’t relying on a meth pump and the so called “preventative measures” to make sure it functions as intended…

Fixed…

or Joose lol.

I can def understand your opinion but have you personally ever run methanol on a car you’ve owned… it’s honestly quite simple and far less impractical than you are making it out to be. Where I am from there is absolutely ZERO e85 available anywhere within a couple hours from me. I would have to have barrels of e85 shipped in and then making sure it is stored correctly would be far more of a hassle and expensive. With meth injection I get one 5 gallon container of methanol and it lasts me an entire season. I also run an M12 nozzle on my car which is quite large and i’ve never come close to running the tank dry or even hitting my low level sensor.

My point is if you’re that worried about the meth pump going and destroying your block you should also be just as worried about your fuel pump going out, injectors having an issue, AFPR taking a crap, wastegate or boost controller sticking etc., every one of those things can let go just as easily. I’ve personally never had a meth related failure to date and i’ve been running it for a good 8ish years now on 3 very different boosted applications.