TwinTurbo grandprixGT deep8's FWD build

Evil. :tup:

So…hard…NOT…to…keep…building…on…my…gp…now.

That thing is bad ass!!!

This one one of the nicest Grand Prixs I have seen to date. UBER clean build. 2 thumbs up!

unbelievable. :slight_smile: i like the “stacks” hehe

Brian

on the dyno later tonight

1st pull 14-15 psi 522 whp

~20 psi 620whp

[quote=“Studderin,post:46,topic:34410"”]

on the dyno later tonight

1st pull 14-15 psi 522 whp

~20 psi 620whp

[/quote]

93?

I dont know, hopfull in the morn when I get up I’ll know what happende

stock block :headbang: I believe there shooting for 25-28psi

Highest pull of the night was at 20 psi. With extensive tuning, we squeaked out 653. Unfortunately, I need to buy a new fuel pump. Last fall I could get low 11 a/f ratios for an entire 1/4 mile pass at 25 psi. Tonight we couldn’t even maintain 12:1 at 20 psi. Fuel pressure tapered off quick when we tried to run 24 psi. I guess that’s what I get for messing around with an Aeromotive pump when I know I should be running a Weldon.

Anway, here are the details-
2nd gear pull with 2.93 gears and 28" M/T ET Drags.
110 Octane leaded race gas.
HP peaked at 6600 RPMs with a 12.4:1 a/f.

dayum that thing is gonna be sick.

Wow that cars sick!

Little update- Remember this is still a stock bottom end

The good news- We figured out the spooling situation.

The bad news- We will need to change the exhaust wheels if we want to go much further.

We made a couple more pulls today. The best pull was at 25 psi. 680 WHP.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ac652fca-f2ab-42df-8f25-99d50158fb20.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/558f8b2c-0c54-4a6e-9dd9-99d50159795e.htm

This thing is fucking badass! Good build, now get it to the track!

What aeromotive pump is on the car?

Are they using a stock block?

nuk nuk nuk

another update, ran 9.5’s for shake down runs, new turbos (Turbonetics .63 AR T3, F1-58 exhaust, and HP61 compressor wheels with anti-surge S covers)

We hit up Stanton tonight for some practice launches and chassis adjustments. The track wasn’t very good and there are some changes that we need to make to the suspension that couldn’t be done at the track. With the boost turned all the way down(18 psi) it kept blowing off the tires like a funny car in a pedal-fest. The best pass was a hot-lap when power was down a little and I was able to feather the pedal to a 9.52 at 146. Trying to run any quicker than that resulted in massive tire spin. It looks like 8s will be had at ~20-22 psi with proper traction, but we need to get the front suspension squared away first.

We made a few more dyno pulls today. At 18 psi, the best pull was 594 whp on a short pull. Starting at 90, it made over 560 whp from 108mph till the end of the log at 136 where it was still climbing. At 24 psi it hit 690 but then started to misfire. I recently widened the plug gap to .037", which is probably too wide at that power level with stock coils. I turned it down to 22 psi and it was over 640 whp from 110 mph till the end of the log at 140 where it was at 677 and climbing.
We will make a couple more pulls tomorrow and shoot for 700.

new dyno video

wow, i never thought id say this, but that grand prix is crazy!

:eeK:

I like, I love the exhaust!

Nice setup. Really cool

Here’s a 690 graph, curve is pretty flat.
http://www.securemc.com/sites/folder13604/site_images_system/user/ttgtdyno690.jpg

1 Of the sickest cars on this board!