Twitter.com → X.com

twitter.com/micahweber :tup:

:word:
i follow micah.

im on at http://www.twitter.com/lukecervi

edit: twitterfox is awesome.

:slight_smile:

I’m on it. twitter.com/cassandrarife

Haha it just got too commercial and stalkerish. The suggested friends, application invites, every person in the world who invites people to events and thinks they are in promotion, etc.

I have my profile strictly for people who lost my cell number or need to get a hold of me from way back. Other than that, I just don’t see how people sit on there so long.

Also, their privacy policy scares me. I hated developing apps for people with risk that anything you submit facebook can suddenly duplicate and come out with their own version and remove yours.

I can go on and on about why I hate it and am against it but I will save it for another time. I used to develop apps for some people, dealt directly with thier dev team, etc and really found out some shady shit I was not a fan of.

My company recently has been all about LinkedIn and Facebook. I am against it and don’t want my personal info crossing over into my work info. I don’t have anything bad but since I deal directly with CIO and IT Directors of international companies, I dont need them seeing who I am dating or spending my weekends with on facebook.

yea… i run into the personal/work intersect with facebook often. not really a problem with people not in my company since i pretty much only deal with vendors, not customers… but my boss (cfo), our ceo etc. are all my friend on facebook.

they love my posts from time to time that say “god i hate work at the moment”

We’ve spent far too much time in my tech mgt class and then again in my marketing class talking about all the different social networking sites. I’m still not sure what twitter is. It’s like just public text messaging right? Like a whole website of just facebook status updates?

I’m on facebook. It was fun for a week, now I don’t really look at it unless I get a notice on my phone that someone wrote something on my page. I joined linked in last week while my professor was blabbering about it. I can see it’s purpose, but I don’t really see it as anything but a fad.

I have yet to twitter. It just sounds so gay. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://twitter.com/zwarbyt

Twitter is microblogging they call it. Its basically status updates that you can follow or subscribe to. For example, I follow some of the iPhone Dev Teams twitters so I can login and see them post “Version 1.2.1 is out of CoolProgram. Fixes major bugs in Some Process”

Also, if you use a cell phone with a client, you can use GPS and tag your posts with your location and see what people around you are talking about. It can be as gay and childish as “Joes is a faggot.” and “Im drunk” to following important blog updates and such.

There is a lot of desktop apps but the big cell phone hype is that you can update your status using a text message since each “tweet” is 160 characters.

I have a facebook security group for “work related”

So when I post albums with “omgz i got wasted and fucked hookers over the weekend”

they don’t get to see it

I try to keep most work related people off my facebook and only on LinkedIn but there is some cross over.

Haha too much work. I got yelled at that I was sent a invite to a girls birthday party last saturday and didn’t show up. Aparently those things are legit?

What happened to fucking cell phones and texting?

I do like following terrellowens81 on twitter

http://twitter.com/mattdanger

Yep

I really hate how the internet has taken the natural selection process out of getting a big audience to hear what you have to say.

I refuse to partake in any of that bullshit. I go onto my facebook like 1 a month if that.

If you need me call my phone. If not I don’t care.

Twitter = uber gay sounding bird orgy.

Omg I went to get a cup of coffee and they were showing people how to twitter on the news. Seriously if you need the TV to show you how to use the internet, you shouldn’t be on the internet.

I hate society.

:rofl:

There are more people around here that use twitter than are posting. I know because I’ve had about 8 new people follow me since putting it on here, lol.

:word:

twitter.com/aaronsavitsky

im one of em’

http://twitter.com/boardjnky4