Twomodified4u's Turbo S2000 Build

Just gotta make sure its not raining this time

so dope, cant wait to see progress

i figured it would have been a piston to let go. sucks it damaged the head.

Eric I heard that silver s2k made some mean power

hes only on a 30r, Eric will have him taken care of lol

Hes got a 40r

really? when did he switch, last i saw/road in it it had a 30r

between then and now id imagine:tongue

he had the 30R less than a month. its 4088 now. and its got a NA 300zx rearend conversion. hes gonna have to go bigger now that eric is upgrading. fight for the fastest s2k starts now! lol

I will try to break the clutch and or transmission tonight.

hahahah.

hahah very true

maybe in upstate, T1 or cft takes the cake no?

epic

last time i saw him at the track he was like dude drive my car for me, i cant launch it…like i could do much better?? ive never driven the thing ever. pass.

Eric get to work

I think the last time I drove the car it was supercharged. But he says its ok if I break something… so here goes.

Paul please get video of you running this beast

I would NOT recommend the Pauter X-Beam rods.

The ideal shape of a rod is the I-beam design, and from a strength to weight ratio the I beam will always the best design.

Don’t let anybody fool you into thinking H beam rods are better by design either. They may be thicker and therefore stronger but they are not as efficient as a proper I beam design.

The X beam design is the WORST of both worlds and purely a marketing gimmick by Pauter. Those rods are super heavy, and since the forces on your crankshaft rise with the square of the speed this is a bad move for a high reving engine such as yours.

I would recommend you find a nice forged set of I-Beam rods.

:thumbup

im suprised it lasted 12k miles with that much power.

Weird I had these rods in 2 of my motors that handled 9300+ rpm everyday on the street. They are used very often in many hondas seeing 10000+ rpm and they are not failing. You can say what you want but real world evidence contradicts your statement. This includes eggum racing 7 second car before they switched to aluminums. An I beam design might be the strongest for its weight, but maybe the x beam design cuts through the oil more efficiently therefore counteracting its heavier design.

Never did I say they would break. You misunderstood my post completely. The X beam rods are very strong and heavy because they have a large cross sectional area. You will have no problems with them, but that does not make them the best rod. You could have the same strength with less weight with an I beam design. This would allow faster revving, faster shifting, lower vibrations, and less stress on the rod and main bearings.

And your rod should never be submerged in oil, so cutting through the oil is complete nonsense.