Twomodified4u's Turbo S2000 Build

i just meant windage in general not submerged in through oil. honestly the rod weighs the same as some of the competitors I beam designs and some slightly heavier within 5%. for the $ there is not a better rod money can buy. what rod would you suggest on a build like this?

im sure they have their reasons for their designs. their design has proven itself time and time again in the real world, unfortunately i guess not on your notebook papers though. you should email pauter and let them know your findings. its not a marketing gimmick if the product does what it say, and the product works.

:rofl “marketing gimmick”

I can’t imagine such a reputable company going out on a limb, sacrificing quality and performance, to create a marketing gimmick

They’re not THAT much heavier than a “proper” I beam design you describe. The gain in strength to weight ratio is worth the switch to the X beam design…I don’t think the slight loss of speed of the rotating assembly due to a heavier beam will be noticed, because of how high of a boost level he is putting the car under.

Plus its proven to work. That in itself should be enough.

And this was my 1001st post…wow.

Re-read, and try to comprehend what he’s saying.

The x-beam design WORKS FINE, it’s just not ideal.

If anyone in this thread knows anything about the physics behind this, it’s this guy.

Trust me.

Nickalero is going to be an aeronautical engineer… I think he knows his shit as well

1320’s been an engineer for years. I think he knows more.

The I beam is better, it’s common sense.

The point is… I critiqued him for calling the x beam a “marketing gimmick.”

paging Paul, would you like to add ?

It’s simple, he doesn’t want to worry about the rods… sounds like he’s got it under control

if anyone knows the physics behind rods its pauter and carrillo both of which dont use an i beam as their strongest rod. manley another very reputable rod manufacturer uses an i beam but its the same weight as the pauter rods so thats a moot point.

I got a friend thats an engineer. Hes a decent guy

:rofl

PJB, you gotta stop hacking other peoples accounts man.

Damn linen drivers

I’m not an engineer and I don’t pretend to be, but I like the I beam as well. Every good oem rod I have seen has been an I beam design. Although the pauter have never let us down, they are very heavy. I’m holding a Carrillo and a Crower right now, they are both I beams, I like the Carrillo better.

puerto rico is home of the fastest s2k

Nope my imagination is

True, to bad its almost a straight drag car now

ding