TXcivic96's 96 Civic build REDO! all motor this time.

Well my last build didnt end up happening money kind of went south I also wrecked the car back in june so i’m having to put more money into fixing that. so I decided to work with what I have doing a budget all motor build.

B16A2 stock block, crank, and rods.
ACL Bearings
Nippon racing 11.5:1 Pistons
Nippon racing rings
Supertech Valvespings and retainers
BLOX Spec A cam shafts
Buddy club cam gears
BLOX intake manifold
4-1 Header
Benen Ind. Fuel rail
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Spec stage 3 clutch
Fidanza 9lb flywheel
Greddy Timing belt

hoping for around 200whp
also plan on throwing a 75wet shot at it.

PICS:
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/l_ed162cde9a549cb801e4334267e08708.jpg
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/l_44340d89dce37a93387a5c2f0fe6d106.jpg
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/l_d2bd6fa9f12cad931462fc8a4c006c04.jpg

pics didnt show?

Chris!! aka T…'s profile is set to private.
This user must add you as a friend to see his/her photos.

You used the wrong link thats the link to the photo page in your myspace… get the actual jpg link and you should be able to hot link them.

your gonna need bigger cams then blox a’s to make 200whp just f.y.i goodluck with the build though!

congrats on shooting for 50 hp less than a stock Altima.

Haha… sucks when u look at it that way.

Anywho…should be a fun car for the money.

Goodluck and have fun!

200whp might be tuff on a b16 crank/block (all motor)

I dont know if you got ARP rod bolts or not. But using the stock rods I would highly recomend added ARP rod bolts!

well i was making 168whp before on a stock block, stock head, stock cams, w/o bottle. So i don’t think 200 is too far out of reach. As for making 50hp less than a stock altima. well i guess thats just one more thing with more power i’d be able to beat. As for the rod bolts, yes i have ARPs as well as head studs too. The main point of doing this build i guess was just to rebuild this motor and hopfully compete in some auto-x next year, it’s not really about making gobs of power, if i had the money Then my b18 would be getting done and i’d be shooting for 600+.

pics up

It’s all about the straight lines and gobes of power on this board…anyways glad to see ya doing something different. goodluck

definitly arp everything and think about porting the piss out of the head and radius valve jobby job’n it. Cylinder head is where all your power is made.

Unless it’s an LS head, in which case you just won’t make power.:doh:

experience speaks volumes

Good luck, hope it all works out great.

wouldn’t it be less expensive to just turbo charge it? all motor 4cyl are very expensive to build for the small gains you get.

no, just the turbo kit alone i’d be looking at around 2500+ all in all ive got about 1200 in this build including my nitrous kit.

props for not jumping on the gay turbo bandwagon

x2

like i said if was gonna boost i’d go all out on my gsr block but i don’t have that kind of money at the current time so i wanted to just work with what i have,