Typical Spots For Water Leaks On Cars

For some reason during the last two storms we’ve had i found water in my car…i can’t figure out where it’s coming from but i know it’s not the door windows…it’s not on the seat so i kinda want to rule out the front windshield although it was replaced and the surface had to be scraped a bit because of rust around the window seating area. Where do cars usually start leaking from when rust is a problem? The water collects UNDER the carpet on the passenger side so i’m guessing from below because it was dry on top for the most part

bottom of front window and it leaks down behind the dash and onto the floor, don’t ask how I know. :smiley:

also see if your heater core is leaking…

just run water on your car around windows doors etc and see if you get drips

Could be your Heatercore.

Another thing I noticed, on my Camaro was that water and settled between the passenger side wheel well and against the firewall and rusted a small hole in there, and then leaked under the carpet on the passenger side.

come to think of it i did see paint bubbling there…and i’m sure rust is a lil visible there now i’ll check that once i run outside. But yea i have to find it and fix it soon before my passengers start pulling “The Flintstone”

I’m still car dumb for the most part so i’m gonna ask this question and get flamed…where is and what does the heater core look like

its behind the dash usually behind the glove box …look for the lines coming through the fire wall

cowl rotted?

Not visibly…the only rust on top of the car was near the bottom of the passenger side front window i never knew if it was bad enough or not but i’ll give it a good once over and see what i find…it has to be dripping in from above though because it gets wet on the inside only if it’s sitting during a storm…haven’t found a drop while driving

under the cowl is a drain opening to let water out, if this gets jammed with leaves and shit it could back up and leak into the interior.

my SHO has this and the heater would run full hot when you would go thru a car wash. It would short out something in the dash and you couldn’t turn it off until it dried out.