U.S. Military and it's spending. *Pic heavy

Money paid directly to soldiers is probably less than a percent

I believe its over 20% actually

Interesting chart:

Yah your right… surprising considering the cost of guns, bombs, drones, planes, ships, gas, ect

I cant fathom spending a billion on anything, so maybe its just me but those figures as I read down the list seemed exageraited. then i got to this one.

17,000,000,000 / 83,000 = $204,819.27 a head.

if they are saying 83 thousand jobs were lost worth 17bil in wages (I assume anually)… sign me up for one of those replacment jobs! No way the ave wage was 204K for 83,000 positions!

unless i am reading it wrong.

Well the country is broke, somethings gotta give. Jobs have been lost across the board. When businesses go into the red they usually cut them as well.

Didnt we spend 1.5 trillion on the f-35? And that program has been loaded with problems. Don’t we have enough combat jets? Who is going to challenge us to a dogfight?

Hey man, if we dont keep up the arms race with ourselves, who will? Stimulate the economy, breh. :skid

My view on this , myself having kids as everyone knows . I like the idea that our military is overbuilt of sorts . In my eyes I would rather have it and not need it , instead of need it and not have it . Will it keep all of us safe ??? No but it will keep most of us safe . We bitch about our military spending what about spending money on illegals immigrants education while cutting our military’s education ???

We aren’t arguing to get rid of military and “not have it”.

It’s spending what where don’t need to spend, like the recent lobbying/bribing act of a new tank purchase order that even the military said “we don’t need more tanks”, spending more on AC’ing the troops in the desert than the budget of NASA (20 BILLION)

Etc… It’s have a smarter military not a wasteful one, and there is plenty of fat to be trimmed. Especially starting with not being involved in “conflicts” overseas all the time.

I believe education is a state budget issue btw, but I’m not getting into that debate.

Not when there are federal guidelines. :stuck_out_tongue:

You have it all wrong. I posted pictures of people led hundreds of thousands to millions of people into believing that every American must die. That every westerner must die. That anyone not from their own culture or religion must die. They taught it to everyone starting at the youngest age possible, 4 and 5 year olds before they are old enough to read or write were reciting chants and drawing pictures of YOU and your family being tortured and killed.

You think i’m posting pictures of people that we went after and killed when in reality I’m posting pictures of people who did everything they could to kill you. Their current predicament is irrelevant.

Have you ever met someone who wanted you dead solely for the fact that you are not them? Its certainly an interesting experienced and it is definitely something that can’t be reasoned with.

I’m not arguing that our military spending is exactly as it should be or that every dollar is the best spend dollar in the world. What I am saying is that you cannot discuss military spending without acknowledging the the very real risks that Americans, our allies, and our interests face. Nor can you discuss it without having a depth of knowledge in the subject a considerable amount deeper than you can get from reading politics on shift and watching CNN.

Your getting close on this one Vlad. If the article had any observation on what the AC is used for and the benefits of it then we could develop an educated discussion on the subject. That article is making a significantly different point than a picture of our aircraft carriers

Have you met the white man?

Commie Vlad is just pissed mother Russia “aint got no” new juice to squeeze from its aged arsenal.

Vlad, why do you creep in the closet still?

Yes, I’m purposely completely ignoring any of the good points you made. Its less fun to agree with you on anything.

Still waiting on a reply to the PM.

Unless the whole coffee thing was a bluff :ahh

Coffee is def on… You know I love you Vlad…

But fuck, only when you have an actual stated opinion on something!

Cool website on the matter and how other countries compare.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/