U2NDyno.com Tuning Tips

Hey guys,

I’ve started jotting down just some basic tuning tips that some of you may be in terested in. Let me know if there are any specifc questions and I’ll do more tuning related write-ups.

Tuning Tip: Correct Fuel Injector Sizing

Tuning Tip: Affects of Increasing Fuel Pressure

Great assets to have!

Keep up the great work man.

Nice info Dan.

being that i have never messed witht he fuel pressure, i don’t have an adj fuel reg might be why!! so if i was to buy one, install it, what would be the benifit? i only have a ka24e, nothing specail, i am upgrading it(flywheel, new timing set, headgasket, auto ecu for my manual, good bye speed limiter!!!, stage 1 clutch, new master and slave cylinder for clucth, cold air, header, exhaust already done, but will probably redo, and a torque damper) i’m gonna buy new injectors anyways, should i go bigger and get a fuel reg? or just buy new ones? how much more power am i gonna get out of it? i suppose my fuel milage will go down? i’m not try’n to make 60000000 hp, but a lil more pep would be nice. if i could turn out 300 hp in a 240 id be happy! but for now, i’d like a lil more then the 140 it comes with. lighter flywheel, cold air, and exhaust will give me more umph and the clutch i’m buying should help get that power to the ground. i’m buying all these parts to put on my car, i would liketo get everything at once so i don’t have to keep ripping shit apart. i have to change the headgasket, so were gonna pull the motor. which is y i’m doing the clutch and flywheel. any other upgrades you think would help out my ka would be sweet.

(besides motor upgrades, i have new struts, coil over springs, new front and rear brake calipers, pillow ball chamber strut mounts)

stupid?, but would a lsd be benifical for me or just cause more problems? sometimes when i launch it, both tires spn, the ass end slides out, i love that feeling and it really takes off, but more times then not, only the one tires spins, it still pulls off the line, but nothing like when they both spin. ppl tell me to weld something inside, but i’m not about to start welding shit on my car. i’ve had enough troubles with this car that i don’t need anymore, hense all the upgrades and new parts. if i didn’t love this car so much i would have tossed her out. i’ve scrapped cars in alot better shape then this 240!! ( body and interior are still perfect! just drive line and suspention that is totally fucked, struts don’t move at all, those rubber strut mounts are cracked to shit, strut is ready to shoot through!!! pretty bad!!)

sorry for the longness, i’m just very curious and would like answer, i ask ppl these ?'s all the time and i never get an answer, i dunno if they are just dumb asses and don’t know nothing so they don’t answer, or r stuck up.

peace

Too many questions there dude. I suggest you start different threads for all of the related questions (motor, suspension, etc.)
Nobody can possibly / will answer all those here.

Hey guys,

I’ve started jotting down just some basic tuning tips that some of you may be in terested in. Let me know if there are any specifc questions and I’ll do more tuning related write-ups.

Tuning Tip: Correct Fuel Injector Sizing

Tuning Tip: Affects of Increasing Fuel Pressure

Great assets to have!

Keep up the great work man.

Nice info Dan.

being that i have never messed witht he fuel pressure, i don’t have an adj fuel reg might be why!! so if i was to buy one, install it, what would be the benifit? i only have a ka24e, nothing specail, i am upgrading it(flywheel, new timing set, headgasket, auto ecu for my manual, good bye speed limiter!!!, stage 1 clutch, new master and slave cylinder for clucth, cold air, header, exhaust already done, but will probably redo, and a torque damper) i’m gonna buy new injectors anyways, should i go bigger and get a fuel reg? or just buy new ones? how much more power am i gonna get out of it? i suppose my fuel milage will go down? i’m not try’n to make 60000000 hp, but a lil more pep would be nice. if i could turn out 300 hp in a 240 id be happy! but for now, i’d like a lil more then the 140 it comes with. lighter flywheel, cold air, and exhaust will give me more umph and the clutch i’m buying should help get that power to the ground. i’m buying all these parts to put on my car, i would liketo get everything at once so i don’t have to keep ripping shit apart. i have to change the headgasket, so were gonna pull the motor. which is y i’m doing the clutch and flywheel. any other upgrades you think would help out my ka would be sweet.

(besides motor upgrades, i have new struts, coil over springs, new front and rear brake calipers, pillow ball chamber strut mounts)

stupid?, but would a lsd be benifical for me or just cause more problems? sometimes when i launch it, both tires spn, the ass end slides out, i love that feeling and it really takes off, but more times then not, only the one tires spins, it still pulls off the line, but nothing like when they both spin. ppl tell me to weld something inside, but i’m not about to start welding shit on my car. i’ve had enough troubles with this car that i don’t need anymore, hense all the upgrades and new parts. if i didn’t love this car so much i would have tossed her out. i’ve scrapped cars in alot better shape then this 240!! ( body and interior are still perfect! just drive line and suspention that is totally fucked, struts don’t move at all, those rubber strut mounts are cracked to shit, strut is ready to shoot through!!! pretty bad!!)

sorry for the longness, i’m just very curious and would like answer, i ask ppl these ?'s all the time and i never get an answer, i dunno if they are just dumb asses and don’t know nothing so they don’t answer, or r stuck up.

peace

Too many questions there dude. I suggest you start different threads for all of the related questions (motor, suspension, etc.)
Nobody can possibly / will answer all those here.