UAW Worker Kills 27,900 Jews

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-demjanjuk-trial-begins-txt,0,4669397.story

Well, former UAW worker. And more like an accessory to murder, but his trial starts today.

Wow. That situation’s got like 1234234 layers of fucked.

That’s good news

Im surprised these guys are still being found and brought to trial.

I want to know who has the job to search for these guys.

These cases seem like total bullshit. He was a guard and they have no proof that he did anything except being part of the nazi war machine.

They tried him in Israel for being “Ivan the terrible” only to find out it wasn’t him. He served 7 years there.

He is 89 and dieing let the old bugger die.

C’mon, he’s clearly a racist shithead. Not like’s just some innocent guy who happened to be a guard and he had no idea what was happening in the war or the concentration camps.

There’s no way this guy deserves to live the rest of his life out in peace. If his side had won the jewish community wouldn’t be living the rest of their lives out in peace right?

This is a legit question.

If in our military a commanding officer tells you to kill someone, what happens if you refuse? I mean, in the “war in Iraq,” has every officer who has killed an Iraqi had a true and legit reason that absolves them of being tried for murder 20 years later?

This is sticky. And I don’t think I agree, considering it appears he was either a nobody, or a next-to-nobody in the chain of command.

even if he participated in the killing of 1/2 a jew he should still have to stand trial for war crimes. let alon the numebr of kills he is being accused of. idk, seems kinda tough to prove after so long though.

+1

I can understand pursuing the people in charge, but going this low on the Nazi org chart seems a bit ridiculous.

Just a hypothetical, but you think every single non-commanding soldier in the Nazi Regime was innocent?

It’s not that black and white though. It’s easy to sit here and say, “well they should have said no” while we’re safe and comfortable with our constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. But what did saying no mean in Nazi occupied countries? Mostly likely the execution of yourself if you were lucky, or more likely yourself and your family.

I don’t think there are any concentration camps armed with the goal of the total annihilation of the entire Iraqi peoples in Iraq… It’s not really relevant to compare the holocaust to that.
And if you didn’t see that other thread, our seals are being charged for punching a detainee in the face… Soooo yes, this old bastard should be charged for playing his role with the Nazis

Ok think about it. You enlist in the arm because you are poor and want them to pay for your college so you can make something of your life. Right after you join your country goes to war with the zooluu tribe. Your job is to walk the field after battle and finish off any survivors. You tell your boss you don’t want to, so he says to do it or go to jail and you will no longer get the money for school. So you do it. Then 30 years later you go to trail for killing xxxx people. Humm The surviving zooluu hate your guts.

Exactly, though if you want to make a precedence of something why ruin someones life in the process. They already kicked this guy out of the US sending him back to Germany. He doesn’t have the money to spend on lawyers fees yet alone traveling. Imagine if you had to go to court right now because you were facing murder charges. How would you feel about ponying up 25-50K to pay your lawyer even if you were acquitted?

True, though as you mentioned how on earth would you prove that? Also what is the difference between a battle zone kill and a captive kill? How one justifies it is all. Isn’t killing, well killing? Things done in war are horrible, but unless there is clear proof that he personally went out and killed prisoners for no reason (not commands, orders, etc) and only did it for personal reasons then they shouldn’t be able to do a thing.

I could see the guy who made the decision to gas all prisoners being held in court, but a guard come on.

Who pays the salary for all these people?

Side note: I don’t like Nazi’s or Jews or either more sore then one another. I just think this court case is ridiculous.

In one instance, the guy you kill has a weapon and is trying to kill you just as much as you are trying to kill him.
In the other instance, the guy you kill is huddled up with his family, crying and begging for mercy, unarmed. So you blast him in the head, then send his family to a gas chamber, since bullets are expensive.

I’m saying because you are being ORDERED to do so. If I was in a battle field with a gun in my hand and wasn’t ordered to fight I sure as hell wouldn’t start killing guys. I’d run my ass out of there and hide unless it was an attack on my family.

I would refuse and go to military prison. “Finishing off” survivors is not covered in the geneva convention.

You don’t think this guy knew what he was doing was wrong?

There is a organization based out of Israel I believe that has the mission of hunting down any of the Nazi officers who ran away and hid. They are not simply hunting down soldiers, this guy has been sought after before and got off on some clerical error or some shit (i think in the mid 90’s). They had to get all new evidence so this guy deserves where he is at

:tup: Some countries don’t play by the rules.

No shit. If that is the case then he should go to jail.

Thank you.

Please don’t compare the fucking holocaust to normal battle. They are night and day. Those people were slaughtered without being able to defend themselves.

:tup:

and this is why any devil’s advocate views in this thread are pretty pointless. Orders or not, if you took part in the mass killing of over 6 MILLION innocent men, women, and children, you deserve whatever retribution is handed to you. I don’t care if your job was a guard, a train operator, the guy with the gas canisters, or an officer who never had to actually see the people he was putting to death, there is NO GOOD REASON TO MAKE EXCUSES for the actions of the Nazis.

Don’t take away from the fact of what this guy was part of. He took part in something that is way beyond any “normal” war-time atrocity.