UB Knowledgables: Question for you...

There is an emergency in my family and it looks like it would require me to miss the end of this semester, i.e. I would have to leave the country and won’t be able to finish my classes. What happens to the classes I took this semester? I know there is a Incomplete class policy they implement sometimes. Has anyone ever had to do this or had a class marked as Incomplete (I on your DARS/transcript). If so, how do you complete it? Does it require you to take the whole class over or just owe the work you missed (I’m hoping the latter…)

Thanks.

Usually professors require you to write a paper, take the final after reading while you are away… I’s do not necessarily mean that you have to take the class over. Depending on your grade and how well you are doing the professor will kind of determine the amount of work needed.

That doesn’t sound too bad at all

hope everything is ok… keep me posted

I don’t know if UB has a similar policy, but my friend received I’s for last semester and was refunded tuition when he had to leave for a few months to take care of his father in Boston. But this is NCCC. Who knows. I hope everything is okay :frowning:

Thanks guys, I emailed my advisor. I’m gonna see what she says.

Providing you are in good acedemic standing in each class, you should recieve an “I” for incomplete on your transcript, which you can make up the following semester I believe. :tup: to emailing advisor. You can also stop at the quick questions window across from the undergrad library in Norton I believe.

I believe UB has a similar policy.

Hopefully everything works out.

Or you could go for a withdrawal and have the entire semester pulled and get your money back, but this is in rare extreme circumstances, (my roommate had a withdrawal because he was too sick)

Advisor said I could do this but I’m more concerned about wasted time than money. She also said I can finish up my classes after the semester ends because all I am missing is 1 or 2 exams in each class sans one class, which I’ll have to take over.

That part’s taken care of, my problem now is that I am all set to be accepted into Biotech in the fall as long as I finish MIC301 this semester, the class I CAN’T finish if I have to go. Oh well, if worse comes to worse I’ll take it at ECC in the summer.

Not even sure if I have to leave anymore, but I’m gonna get everything set anyways in case. Good help :tup:

:tup:

Hope everything is ok

Don’t believe 100% of what the advisor tells you. Most of the time they don’t know shit. Your best bet is to talk to your professor. They’re the one that’s giving you a grade. Good luck!

Micro in the summer fills up FAST. Good luck :slight_smile: