what would you do? v. resignging a class at UB

i’ll try and keep this short. im taking an online class, and heres the circumstances:

-teachers directions/questions for assignments make no sense a lot of times
-teacher says ‘do it this way’ then contradicts herself by correcting you and telling you to do it the opposite way
-I have asked for help and clarification on something EIGHT (8) times and have not gotten an answer
-the assignments are worth 20 points, but apparently its an all or nothing kinda deal and there is no partial credit, even for putting in effort.
-requests for help on assignments go unanswered
-teachers powerpoint notes contradict the text book
-i’ve either failed or come close to failing every assignment and the 1 test we had so far

so, i want to resign the class. I have already been accepted into another school for next fall, and the credits i would get in this class wouldn’t transfer nor would I even need them. so am i better off resigning the class or just hacking my way though it and taking an F?

1 question, do you plan on going to grad school?

if yes - consider staying with it, although usually one R on your transcript isn’t going to sway their decision to let you in or not.

if no - fuckin resign that shit. it won’t count to your GPA and it won’t matter at all if theres an R on your transcript in that case.

R>F

end of story

im not going to grad school, or at least i dont plan on it. i have never resigned or dropped a class before, so this shouldnt really hurt me then?

no

R>F

Usually grad schools don’t mind 3 or fewer R’s.

I’ve dropped two classes. This was at NCCC. I applied to Rochester, Syracuse Cornell and UB. They all accepted me, so R’s don’t look too bad depending on what the courses are.

R’s look really bad if theres a trend in them. like 1 a semester.

transferring won’t really be too much of a problem, but grad school will not like that at all.

It really depends on the classes. The schools I applied to (well, the ones other than UB) were all pretty selective.

Depends on the class being dropped. IF you don’t like the class and the prof is an idiot, drop it. Don’t regret staying in April.

You are more indecisive than my girlfriend. I didn’t think that was possible.

:lolsign:

R>>>F

I had 3 or 4 R’s in undergrad (the semester I decided I didn’t want to continue engineering and had a bunch of terrible classes).

Even with those, I got into the MBA program with no ‘real world’ work experience and and only a 3.2 overall gpa. I did quite well on the GMATs but still :gotme:

R means you decided that the class wasnt for you. F means you’re a retard.

edit: R’s might be viewed differently if they are classes in your planned graduation major and/or you retake them.

hahahahahaha

well, the class is a basic HTML programming class, and im transfering schools to be a Criminal Justice major, so i dont really see how that would look bad. If i need some wort of computer/tech credits, I have taken a couple other classes that should fulfill that.

Be like me. Get a .02 in your last semester then join the army.

or dont, either way, good luck.

Oh, and its better to just resign it if your getting an f anyway. Fucked if you do, fucked if you don’t, but an R is the lesser of 2 evils.