UFC Fans! Couture vs Lesnar Saturday

I’m a huge Couture fan. I’m pulling for him, but it’s going to be a tough fight for him. What do you guys think?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/UFC_91.jpg

Couture is a good fighter don’t get me wrong, I just think Lesnar is a fucking animal and is going to land some pretty hard punches. I’m not sure if couture can win this one.

Lesnar is such a monster… I’d also like to see Couture pull this one off, but I think that the odds are strongly on the side of Lesnar

I really like randy and think hes a great fighter but again, I think the UFC is just trying to make some bucks this way. Granted lesnar has actual wrestling experience I in no way feel he should be getting a title fight from someone who is supposed to be retired. I hope he can pull out a W and put the Brock bandwagon to rest, as what happened with kimbo

Lesnars biggest problem is his lack of experience IMO. He was beating Mir, and then Mir sub’ed him. If Couture can make it into round 3, I think things will start going his way and he will break Lesnar down. I think Couture has the edge on striking, and an advantage when it comes to submissions. If Randy can stay off his back, I think he has a good shot.

Lesnar is cocky. I read an article where he stated “After I beat Couture, I’m going to knock out Fedor, he’s overrated”. He lost to Mir, and beat HH. So that makes him ready to beat Fedor huh?

lol. i agree he is cocky, and that Fedor would smash him. Fedor could potentially smash Chuck Norris (yes. i said it.)

If Lesnar is thinking that he is as good as he needs to be and hasn’t trained in his striking at all, then this could be a close one.
The biggest thing, at this point, that Lesnar has going for him is the fact that he is a monster who is lightning fast on the ground. His sprawl is absolutely smothering. If he trained those ridiculous hammers (fists), he may very well be a serious contender in this sport.

I also kinda think that a lot of his shit talking is leftover from his WWE days, where that shit flies well and keeps the fans interested. Who knows, hopefully he can back his words up. If not, hopefully he gets seriously fucked up.

My vote goes to Randy, i hope randy makes him sleep in the 1st round.

… update on kimbo
… u see faber vs brown, holy shit!

wat?

I love the people who think Lesnar is getting a shot too early.
The heavyweight division sucks.

For people that doubt Couture watch the Gabriel Gonzaga fight:
http://www.mmaroot.com/randy-couture-vs-gabriel-gonzaga-ufc-74-video/

I’m not betting on this one. Randy appears to be favored which I didn’t predict. I was hoping for some Kimbo type of betting action.

I voted conwhutever because lesnar was a wrestler.

Im betting lesnar. Im pullin for couture.

Thanks for the vid Ron! That was a really sweet fight. Reminded me how good a fighter Randy really is

I’d take Couture in his prime, but now I’ll have to go with Lesnar. Wish I could watch it

I really want Couture on this one too, but I think it depends 100% on how long the match lasts.

Just like fighting Silva or anyone out of your weight class, if you can’t get him in a hold quick he’ll beat you down.

random aside; anyone here personally into MMA in the williamsville area?

I’m surprised Lesnar’s ground skillz aren’t better given the fact he was a national champion college wrestler. Should be a good fight.

http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&w=550&cs=1&s=9DC0E0BF-1422-0E8C-9AF554AABA61FACD.jpg

randy loooks sickly, but really isnt THAT much smaller than brock.

+1

I think brock is just going to muscle him, and break his face.

Sucks though, I don’t think he deserves a title shot at all, but I think he will be fun to watch when he defends it.

60+ lbs is a good bit smaller.