Uggh. Mac question.

I slid a DVD into my wife’s slot. Er, the slot on her new Macbook pro.

Ctrl-Click -> Duplicate. Copying starts, then it says “insufficient rights.” I click “OK.” It sits there trying to copy, can’t close it, can’t stop copying it, can’t Force Quit. Can’t restart because Copy is running. Can’t eject the disk. Can’t paperclip the disk like you can on a PC.

HOW THE FUCK DO I STOP THE PROGRAM AND GET THE DISK OUT?

lol

Cmd-Option-Esc

Whatever is running?

hard reboot?

push and hold button… let it shut off and start it up?

seriously thats all i know how to do on a mac… and its pissing me off… I feel like such a noob with this thing… at least on a pc i know whats happening

Wifey reloaded “Finder” or some such shit. I have no idea what that means. But it worked.

Is cmd-option-esc the Mac three finger salute?

Its force quit…

OIC. I didn’t think Force Quit would work because the only thing it showed running was Finder, which doesn’t have a “Force Quit” option but rather just “Reload.” Apparently my wife reloaded Finder, which killed the stuck Copy program. :shrug: :retard:

finder is like the mac equivalent of explorer.exe in pc(SORT OF)

The copy program is a part of finder.

All you need to know on a mac is how to force quit apps, and you can do it by clicking on the apple in the upper left and selecting force quit. Or option+cmd+esc.

And if you are having a problem rebooting or something you cant really resolve, just try resetting the pram by rebooting and holding down option+cmd+r+p at the same time during a boot until you hear the startup chime again.

Not really anything you need to know. If you have a problem, reboot. But that shouldnt really happen much.

…which is why you can’t Force Quit, only reload… :lightbulb:

Thanks guys. :tup:

lol. noob

yeah, except with windows you can quit explorer. Ever see all your icons and taskbar dissapear and re-appear?

you can kill it in task manager and then open a run dialog and kick it back up. That is, if you know how to do it without your start menu(easy)

apple = the:gay:

and i think you should try the alt+ctrl+delete… yep should work

do mac’s have a insert key?

Where the fuck’s the home key? Pg down?? :jays:

fn + arrow keys if it’s a laptop maybe?

Unpossible, Mac programs don’t crash.

right. it just works.

I can crash anything. :touchofdeath:

That’s what the kid from the dodgeball movie said. That kid is so much cooler than the geeky PC guy so it has to be true.

command, up: Home

command, down: End