Ugh, stripped screws...need help...

So i’m trying to take off my door panels so i can put in my new speakers. There is one screw in the center of the passenger door, it’s actually like down in a hole, like a tunnel, a good 3 inches deep, so there’s not way at all to even grab at it. It has to be rotated to get out, and you need something magnetic to then pull it up.

It was a phillips…now it’s a circle…the head is completely stripped.

I know i can just drill it out, but with the depth of the hole it’s in, i dont want to take a chance of slipping since i would be completely blindly drilling…and then possibly put extra holes in the door panel itself. Also, if i do drill it out, i have to go through the pain of re-threading the hold in the door…which i dont want to do.

Any and all ideas please…i’m all ears…

I was just gonna buy new door panels, but they’re really expensive…and i have a great deal on them holding…but all my money is tied up in summer class tuition right now, and the person i might be buying the panels from said he might be using them now for a different project. I already have the whole new stereo, and don’t want it to just sit in my room until i can find affordable new panels…i want to enjoy it now.

Super-glue and an allen key…

From your description there is no way to cut a grove in the screw head to use a flathead on it?

Am I correct in assuming that?

drive to my house i have tons of screw outs and drill bits

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00952154000

Problem solved.

oh andy u n00b

Impact screwdriver.

The head of the screw is larger than the hole in the door panel. You should be able to drill the head of the screw off (just the head) while using a little outward pulling pressure on the panel. Once the door panel pulls off you should be able to unscrew the screw that is left with vise grips or something

it’s not possible to cut a groove into the head and use a flathead or an allen key…

i dont have any access to an impact screwdriver…

i am a noob…

and i will be stopping by as soon as it’s convenient for you joe…

thanks everybody