Taking the doors off a 2003 Wrangler

So my girlfriend has a Wrangler and I’d love to take the doors off. From what I can tell its just the one bolt underneath the pin on the hinge?

I tried to take one out and I felt like I was going to strip the outside of the bolt? I snapped a cheap-o socket first time. I used plenty of pb blaster on it, didn’t seem to make a difference. Any ideas? I have an impact driver I can use…just don’t want to screw anything up for her long term.

They usually break clean off. Just make sure to use a 6pt socket so that they break off instead of stripping out still attached. Once they are off lift up on the door and start pivoting the door back and forth. You may have to have someone tap on the bolts with a hammer, I have heard of some people having to use pressure with a jack. Once you get the doors out give the pins a quick sand to clean up the pitting and get rid of the brass collars.

I don’t know where you are but I will be in buffalo for a good majority of the day then travelling back to the south of the city. if you need any help, let me know.

My roommates 2007 wrangler 4 door was a bitch to remove the doors… I doubt they were ever removed… ended up removing the hinges from the doors (first taping off the outline of the hinge on the door so they save realignment time) then pounded the hinge out from the bottom with a rubber mallet… Fucking sucked.

The doors on my 91 come right off though. haha

Seafoam Deep Creap FTW. Works 100X better than PB Blaster.

Soak the pins and bolts in that for about 20 mins; should come right off; or at least make it a lot easier to get it apart.

I use that stuff to pull apart exhaust hardware without breaking it; works wonders.

I <3 deep creep! Everyone should have it in their collection.

Good to know, def. picking some up tomorrow!