Crank Bolt Removal, any more ideas?

So far I’ve tried:

Soaking in penetrating oil
Bumping the starter
5MPH roll in reverse
5MPH roll in reverse/bumping starter
7MPH roll in 1st/bumping starter (Gives you a good idea of what hitting a wall is like. Ouch.)

Only thing I havn’t been able to try is a breaker-bar and long pipe seeing as I don’t have access to those.

Anyone else have any ideas? As I’m quite out of ideas at this point.

Large impact should do the trick. Or the breaker bar, and put some heat on it with a torch.

propane & a jack bar / breaker bar

Jesus, you’ve tried THOSE but NOT borrow a breaker bar/pipe or impact?!?!? Buy a flywheel lock for your car and a breaker bar and you’ll get it off.

Kinda limited with the tools/money I have available to me. So it would be a bit before I could even attempt those.

Dude, a breaker bar is $10 go dig the change out of your back seat.

the way I do it on hondas, is 1/2 inch ratchet and a really big hammer with very fast swings

Considering I’m siphoning the gas out of my SHO into the WRX to make it through until the end of the week. I’m pretty sure I can’t afford it.

the handle off the floor jack.
neibors?

I might have a pipe that I can fit over the 1/2 drive ratchet not sure if I would have enough room to get it in there though. And maybe put the jack under the bolt to put pressure on it and hit it with the sledge hammer. I’ll go out and give that a shot in a bit.

If you need breakers I have a few different sizes you can borrow :tup: everything from short and fat to long and fat :smiley:

I have a 1/2" impact, and a breaker bar you can use

I talked with somedude, he’ll give it a shot at work later this week. In the mean time it gives me a chance to fix the e-brake, exhaust, reverse lights, and front wheels bearings. And maybe get the FMU hooked up too.

That and I really shouldn’t be driving until I have money for gas this week. Paying roommate for rent > * for the week.

Though I really need to get that dremel back to you. :slight_smile:

pm me, im off this week, i can come out (monday) with our 3’ breaker (jack bar) that fits over my 1/2" crapsman ratchet