crank shaft bolt stuck.

ok so I started doing the timing belt and like everything else in life bam screwed.

car 2001 lexus IS300 (anyone have dr dos’s #)

I tried.

My capbell air gun, Mac air gun, and an IR gun… nothing

I tried wedging somthing between the pulles nothing.

I tried putting a rachet on the cam shaft bolt then tried the crank bolt… I snaped a MAC socket then a craftsman.

still nothing ANY help would be great.

EDIT GOT IT. PAGE 2

we have a 1" drive impact at work. lol.

im guessing borrowing it is out of the question?

to be honest, you will get further with a good breaker bar with a 3’ pipe on it and locking up the flywheel side.

I wish I could get to the flywheel. the only way is droping the starter and ask Nitroinsane that wont be fun. its smashe between the firewall and the top of the tranny. gayest spot ever for it.

have a fun time getting that thing off…

we just shimmed the timing belt off.

what what I can get the timing belt off without removing the ccrank pully?

yes

edit probally not the best way, but you can shimmy the timing belt off, just takes some time /edit

also is there anyway to get the auto tranny to lock ingear?

some other forums Ive read said to put the car in gear and hold the break pedal to put pressure on the crank.

not sure about that one.

if your near a phone call me I PMed you my #

ok I got your PM.

How did you take the lower belt cover off without taking the crank pully off?

Pull the starter, flywheel lock.

Here are two ways it can be done, but I dont recommened.

Put breaker and socket on car, align properly, with ebrake on (and front wheels off) lower car on breaker (using the weight of the car to break it free).

Wedge breaking against something that wont dent or be damaged, use starter.

Again, NOT recommended, but those are two options (that I’ve NEVER had to use).

Ive tossed this one around. with joe (nitroinsane) but havent tried it.

I fear braking it. if I can get the timing belt off/ new one on without removing the crank puly Im all for that.

Pop the starter with a breaker bar on the bolt like mike said, that should do the trick. If not you will have to get the biggest breaker bar you can find and smack the shit out of it with a sledge. Crank pully bolts tighten down as you drive the car so it is probably torqued because of that to 900ft/lbs or something ridiculous.

i have the OEM Service manual for the is300 at home in pdf

when i get home i will take alook and see if there is any speical way of getting it off.

I called northtown Lexus and talked to a “tech” (I think IT was only a service writer becouse he didnt know what TDC stood for) he read the print out on how to do it, he said it recomends using specialty Tool XXX-xxxxxx, he said in the pic it clamps to the pully and then spins the bolt off.

hmm hold on let me remote at home.

cut the belt and put a new one on?

well im going to run out there and try the starter trick if that dont work Ill be back on here. or pulling the starter out… god that dont look like any fun.

if anyone has somthing or want to stop by to lend a hand my names mike my cell is

622-0625

the car is in my garadge in NT

ok Im waiting…