crank shaft bolt stuck.

you dont need the stupid special tool to get it off, just brute force

ya the problem is there is no way to lock the motor from spinning.

I might be able to pull the started and shove a prybar in there and hold the motor but the starter is in the crapest place ever.

socket with a ratchet and quick swings with a hammer

by quick I mean real quick, this has worked for me a number of times

looks like your gonna need this niftty guy here

http://www.reflectstudios.com/is300ss.jpg

Pop the starter, pull the coil plugs out so it doesnt actually start

OH YA I LOVE LIFE.

The starter trick work thanks guys I love you all.

i wasnt about to do that lol. iam glad its off. i am pissed i broke my socket i have yet to break those sockets and it snaped that easy. my mac guys getting a voicemail lol

Glad you got it off, those things can be a bitch

funny after I got it lose, some guy named Phil called from the lexus dealer (I had left my #) said he was a tech and that they dont have nor use the SST specialty tool, they usally use the starter method them selfs. I could help but laugh at that.

I have used the starter trick twice in my life. First attempt, success. Second attempt, put the breaker bar through my garage wall. thankfully no one was standing in its path.

ROLFMAO

Which is why I dont recommened it :wink: I’ve seen that happen along with when changing wheel bearings with air tools something getting bound in a trailing arm and tools shooting into a wall 10ft away and denting it. But, glad you got it off!

a hub tamer gave me a mean left hook once

isn’t it just the greatest feeling when you hear the crack of a bolt coming loose that you’ve been working on for hours?

lol, i remember there was a thread on g2ic where the title was something like, “mr. balljoint, i have a question…”, and it had a pic of some old balljoints on the ground with someone flicking them off. right below it it said “how does it feel to get OWNED, mothafucka?!”. it was hilarious!

I didn’t get to hear the bolt pop as I was sitting on the heated leather seat in the car but when I got out and saw the Ratchet/Breaker bar, Hanging straight down, I ran out of the garage yelling I bet my neighbors think I’m crazy…

Hours? I worked on my crank bolt on my M5 engine for almost 2 months before getting it.