having problems with some screws...

hey guys, the screws that hold the bracket for my driver’s side headlight are rusted and stripped(the head of the screw…supposed to be “+” or phillips?, but it’s worn in…) how can i take these out?

Drill heads off
use proper drill size for retap of hole ( if possible ) Drill out bolt core, tap and done

other option,
drill out bolt head
remove flamables and meltables from around bolt area, use MPS or oxy. to heat area around bolt, use needle nose vicegrips to grip shank left over infront of or behind nut/thread area , wait till red hot or close… turn pliers…

option 3;

grind the head off,
centre punch the old screw
make a pilot hole
use a self tapping screw (I find roberts AKA square to be the best at resisting deformation)

hmm…alrite good ideas lol i’m gonna try that, thanks.

you can easily grind a “slice” into the head and use a flathead screwdriver…

or with a hammer and chisel, make a nice groove on the outside of the screw head and lightly tap in a counterclockwise motion until it breaks free, then proceed to remove with pliers.

prior to removing any rusty screw, i always hammer the end of my screwdriver into it a few good times… it helps loosen things up and prevents stripping the screw or even breaking bits. also, i often use a pick to remove dirt/rust in order to seat the screwdriver properly (all the way in).

Also a good tool to use is an impact driver basically a screw driver you hit with a hammer and it turns a bit, this way your forcing the driver in while turning it reducing the chances of a strip

Are you sure your not trying to unscrew the positioning screws? I tried to do that when changing to H4.

If this is the case and you are trying to remove the headlight housing for whatever reason, remove the 2 screws on each side of the black plasitc housing surrounding the headlight, tilt it forward to remove it. Then there should be like 2 screws and a spring holding the headlight assembly in place.

Hope that helps, if it is the case.