Removing tail lights

Trying to replace my left tail light section. Removed all the screws but it still would not budge. Is it because of the black sealant that’s there? The factory service manual doesn’t say much, except something about using a heat gun. Will that work?

Thanks for any advice.

yeah a heat gun will work. or try something like varsol or something

you can also try tapping on the screws to pop them out abit

So is the black sealant the reason it’s not moving an inch? It looks pretty sticky. I’ll try banging on the screws a bit. Thanks for the advice. By the way, have you ever removed S14 tail lights before? Wanna help out with compensation, of course. lol

varsol will work but will melt the adhesive and get black shit everywhere use a heat gun and pull, it will come off

Would a hair dryer work instead of a heat gun?

Thanks all for the help.

when i did mine i did not heat it with anything and yes it is that black adhesive. The heat woud def. help…i forget what i used but i think it was a screwdriver to pry i off and a knife to cut the exposed adhesive. Hope that helps

sure a hair dryer works. some time with hair dryer ,and knife should do

give the studs on the tail light a little tap with a hammer if that doesn’t work

hit the studs with a hammer should pop out.

i recently pulled my tails off and you need to heat the black sealant stuff and then it’s softens to like goo then the tails come right off.

Fuckin pull on it man…I just did mine

lol

Yeah, I could pull on it til pigs fly, but I don’t want to break anything. There’s a fine line between using a lot of force to get something loose and using too much force and breaking something, making the situation worse.

It’s happened to me numerous times before. Too much force and boom, the object is out but has damaged other things.

But I appreciate all the advice though!

Make sure you take the center 240SX reverse light bar off when you’re doing it. It overlaps the tail lights ever so little that there’s a possibility that you may break a piece off of it when yanking the tail light off.

Well i had that same problem on Sunday soo the dumb thing i did was get a Flat head screwdriver and pushed it from the inside soo the light came out or a inch out and the i pulled it out … hope that can help you

i think its a s14
you can just pop the trunk

Yes, it’s an S14.