Ultimate Fighter Season 10

And to me, that’s his problem. He thinks he’s hot shit and doesn’t need to be trained by anybody. If Bruce Lee can learn his on jeet kun do, why can’t he train himself? That guy needs to deflate his ego and go to a real trainer.

True…

At the same time, He is able to make himself more marketable this way in terms of ads. Take kimbo, horrible fighter, makes tons of money. All this guy needs is a story of being the “untrained” fighter winning fights and the crowd may love him or hate him due to his ego. As long as seats sell he is doing his job

I wonder what youtube vids would do for Nelson - think they’d do the same thing they did for Kimbo?

The difference between Kimbo and Nelson was that even though they were good fighters in their own aspects, Kimbo opened himself up to criticism and absorbed a ton of knowledge and training.

He sells seats yeah but he’s already been to the show I guess by being champion in other leagues. I don’t think you can market him quite the same as Kimbo. I see your point though.

lolwut

Kimbo’s a good stand up brawler, Nelson’s got a decent ground game - like the guys said he can use that fat ass gut to his advantage.

Forrest is a good standup brawler, Kimbo is like a D-level fighter. He’s constantly stiff and it’s like he doesn’t absorb information very well. This is why Bas Rutten refused to coach him any more.

Well ya gotta start somewhere. If he refused to absorb information, he certainly changed this season then. I saw him learn a lot. He does however need to learn to check incoming kicks. People are just going to target his knees if he doesn’t figure this out.

This was definitely the worst season of TUF, the worst fighters, but the BIGGEST TV draw of any season other of TUF. :wtf:

It just goes to show you, many people still have a lot to learn about the sport, but bottom line is that big names (bigger than their now developing talent deserves) sell fights. As others have said, Kimbo is at least trying to learn and is making strides, but he has a long way to go. He did impress me with his major improvement in his ground game (yes, he even tried for a submission!). He is training here in town (Orlando) from time to time with American Top Team and there are some great fighters in that camp here in Orlando (Ben Saunders - be on the look out for this young up and coming fighter, should be a big name in the future, Seth Petruzelli (who knocked out Kimbo in XC), and many other great fighters). He is learning and trying so I will give him his props. As for fat country, ton of skill/experience… big egotistical fatass, not exciting to watch fight at all. I think when he gets a taste of a real heavyweight with some skills he will be exposed for what he is.

I’d love to see him fight Brock, hahaha.

Towards the end of the season I was impressed with how Marcus came along but you’re right, I much enjoyed the season with Henderson/Bisping, their classes were much more talented and exciting to watch. Hell the qualifying match for the Brits to get over here was more entertaining than half of S10 Heavyweights.