Unbelievable Kill, LS1 GTslO >...

4th Gen Trans Am?

Found myslef behind a guy in a TA earlier today. Noticed the dealer plate first. Then noticed his impatience for slower traffic, so when he passes a few slower cars I follow. From my behind vantage point I could tell it was a TA and not a Firebird with the dual exhausts and big spoiler. When he turned onto a 4 lane road he got on it. It puffed a lil black smoke as the rear end squated and he was off!

I figured he was going to give it a go once there wasn’t any traffic in front of him when he turned on the 2 lane (same direction, for a total of 4 lanes and a turning lane), so I held first gear and pedaled it a little to not get to squirly while turning directly into the left lane behind the TA. Once my turn was completed and he takes off I put the loud pedal all the way down the the rear 245s claw for traction on the brisk night.

To my surprise I was pullingin the TA, he wasn’t getting away from me at all. He must have let off certainly. No way an LS1 GTslO with a baby cam weighing 3800lbs could be pulling on a 4th gen that’s ~500 lbs lighter. So I stay behind as we turn off onto a regular 2 lane road stuck behind traffic again.

His impatience gets the best of him again as the need to pass traffic in front returns. So again, I follow, but this time I am watching down the road to be sure its clear. It is. We complete the pass and I wind out 3rd, pull over to the left passing the TA, bang out 4th and after clearing him by a bit I pull back in line so he can see my pretty VX tails and it was then I noticed something I hadn’t even considered before…

Surely this mighty TA was not running right or was slipping a trany, or something. The driver wouldn’t let a over-weight Pig like the GTslO pass him so easily. As it sunk in I began to feel pitty for him. His car was running right after all. It wasn’t broke or out of tune or weighed down by 3 fat girls in it…

… It was an LT1. :spank:

:rofl:

lol

lolz I would think your car could take a stock ls1 ta though

As it sits right now. It’d be pretty close. I have a small HP advantage but GTO are quite heavy and the rear 245s don’t do much for traction, especially if you try to launch hard. You either get spin and hop or it bogs.

Besides, how many LS1 F-bodies are stock anymore? I’d bet not too many.

well if he had dealer plates that may mean its stock

Mine has a lid and catback, but i was kinda thinking the whole time while reading somethings up, because i just ran a C5 vette and was 1/2 car behind thinking he was gonna get me good! lol nice story

:wave:

lol well good run

Wasting gas on a LT1 :tdown: at least gas prices are down…

BS. A guy at my work has a 4th gen TA thats procharged and he only drives around with his dealer plate on it.

:roflpicard:

:lol: Lt1’s :lol:

Fuckin LT1’s.

At least you didn’t get beat by him. Thats enough for any person to sell thier car in shame.

false, i know of a few supercharged and turbo cars running around with dealer plates

You don’t think that Jim Ball or even Basil family ride around with dealerplates on cars that are not from that dealer… Sure they demo but you can use those plates on any car, of course they arn’t supposed to go joy riding around with them but they don’t get in any kind of trouble for it.

:banghead:

? ok

I was agreeing with you buddy :grouphug:

bump, cuz my kill is sweet