Under 6g's, 30 MPG+ highway, fun to drive, AWD

i was going to recommend a b5 a4 from the title. looks like you’vve thought of that

Yea that seems to be the big issue. I could probably get a 1.8t A4 to cover every criteria except reliability. And a V6 A4 sounds like it will get pretty terrible gas mileage. 2.5RS is a bit too boy racer style for me but at the moment it looks like it might be the best choice.

i say a 99-01 2.5 rs and take the rear spoiler off of it and buy the same fog light covers I have. it’ll tone the car down real fast. That or just grab one of the bug eye 2.5rs impreza’s. They aren’t the best on gas but the ej2.2 or ej2.5 will get 30 mpg on the highway. We take Sam’s legacy for most of the long trips now and that gets 31 mpg from here to Boston every time

The foglight covers do help, those huge foglights look ridiculous. Only problem with the 2.5RS’s is the pricing. Ones in good shape with well over 100k miles are still going for 7k+ which is ridiculous in my opinion.

Take this gem for example

7k firm

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f171/t170293-1999-rbp-2-5rs.html

Looks beat

That thing is a rip off and totally not worth it.

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/2880490620.html

That one looks promising. i have also had very good luck with Vermont Subaru people being stand up dudes. Have gotten a lot of parts and help from Vermont Subaro’s

fixed for more relevance

B5 A4 isn’t exactly reliable. Cool cars, but it will require upkeep. And it gets expensive fast.

Ooh located in waitsfield which means you get to drive VT 17 if you look at it. Insane road.

What motor does she have in Legacy to get 31mpg? I only get 24mpg max with the 2.5.

2.2l bro

The 2.5RS in VT seems too good to be true, which means it probably is unfortunately. I still cant get over all the vents and scoops and the front bumper. Id like something classier looking. I need an A4 with a LS1 and T56.

The B6 1.8T’s didnt get any upgrades to improve reliability? I know the B7’s with the 2.0T are supposed to be pretty stout.

Just cost $75 to fill my maxima… FML