your thoughts on b8 a4?

well i just got a promotion with Verizon that requires me to do a lot of traveling and i dont think the 335i is the right car for the job, i will need something with decent gas mileage and awd for the winter months

i just cant give up the creature comforts that i have with my 335i, i realize i wont have the performance but if i can get 3-4 more mpg’s and be able to drive it all year it will fit my needs right now

the only car that comes to mind is the b8 a4, looking at a prestige s-line package

never owned an audi so any thoughts or opinions (from people who actually owned or driven) is appreciated

Consider the 328xi?

how about a 335xi?

I have nothing bad to say about the way the A4’s Drive, I will say your probibly not going to see much if any gain in MPG’s to a bimmer. I think you should look at somthing Like a TDI if you want decent MPG gains and I really think FWD will be fine I drove my Jetta threw the craziest weather. with a good set of snows.

the TDI A3 is very nice, unfortinitly only Auto. but the Golf TDI or jetta TDI come 6 speed. and handle GREAT in the snow. I drove 800 miles a week for my old job and had both an A4 and the TDI and I almost never took the a4.

Why do you need AWD?

just have a sour taste in my mouth with misfires on the 335i and to be honest the 328 doesnt get any better mileage than the 335i

looking to get a certified and certified 335xdrives go for more than i want to spend right now

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

weather is something i dont want to worry about, I cant call a business and tell them I cant make it because the snow and take a chance and lose thousands of dollars in revenue for the company

I can’t think of a situation around here where everything is open and I wasn’t able to get there with RWD and snow tires.

I could go down to ellicotville with 16" of fresh powder in my talon w/ snows. I would not do the same with my cavalier with studded snows. If you’re in a remote area i’d rather just not have to worry about it even if it is doable.

usually if it is something that i can’t drive through in my cavalier or wouldn’t want to, there is more than likely a driving ban though

I delivered legel documents at night in the worse weather in all or Erie and Niagara county. NEVER had an issue with my jetta on good snows. I ran Nokian Hakkapeliitta’s and never had an issue in snow over my bumper.

But again. if your stuck on AWD there is none better then Quattro. I personally wish they made a manual A3 Quattro.

I drove my s2000 through winter…snow tires are key. From your posts you are stuck on awd though

I love threads like this…

Every year someone goes I want AWD for winter.

Then a bunch of people post “well I drive my RWD car with snow tires and it does fine.”

I don’t know the story on how new your 335i is etc but the B8 S4 is priced really close to the 335i brand new.

LOL, I NEED AWD!!!1!!!111!

MY SAFETY IS AT RISK!!!

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Just say you want another car you don’t have to justify anything to the internet community

Diesel is your best bet,especially if you have a ton of driving to do.

My ma’s cruze averages 42mpg combined^^, diesel isn’t readily available everywhere

I’m only suggesting because its cheaper, but what about an Acura tsx or to. Pretty sure they can both be bad in awd, the same options as the BMW. Those and the Infiniti g25x but I think that’s a little more expensive.

+1 on checking out a g37x

This may not pertain to you’re B8 A4…but I just picked up a B6 A4 1.8T Quattro that is in fantastic condition. Coming from an E46, and having a decent amount of seat time in Paulo’s 335i, the Audi feels brittle compared to the BMW’s. I can’t speak to the newer B8 as I’ve only ridden in a friends a handful of times…but it is definitely worth your effort to go drive one. What engine are you looking into? Seems like the underpowered Audi’s need to be pushed harder, where the torquey BMW can fetch similar mpg’s with less effort.

:fu:

I would say it’s the awd that I am having a hard time going away from, after having an sti and an Evo I always miss the traction in the winter time

Think about the ATS? AWD, decent power and good mileage.