Unique wiper ideas please!

hey,

me and pete working on our cars and i had just wired my fan into the ignition and repainted my wind-sheild wiper arms and was installing them … klick nothing happens. somehow the rockerarm from the motor to center wiper broke, we spent a bit of time and got it back on but it wouldn’t pop into place, so we put it on as hard as we could and nothing. the wiper would go up, but on the way back down it would hop off. very annoying, so anyways:

i need an idea for a unique windshield wiper setup becuase well, why not do something cool.

any ideas??

or how can i get the rocker arm to pop back on?

either one would be FANTASTIC!

thanks

`nik

I don’t have an answer since I’ve never done this, but stop breaking parts you work on. You’re almost as bad as Derek!

hahaha its not normal, its just been lately, and its not me breaking them its them braking on there own, just often … well mostly.

:oops:

the wiper rockerarm was broken already i just noticed it now.

Buy a new control arm maby?

the wiper arms use a ball joint type attachment, once its worn, its dead, the actual holding peice is plastic so once it wears out its hosed, thats what ur problem most likely is, unfortunatly once there busted there busted, u need to buy a new one, its not very expensive.

oh and make sure that the center pivot(the one the passenger side wiper attaches to) doesnt move around at all(i mean other then turn the way it should), if it does it will just wear ur next one out to, if it does, replace that to.

yeah i figured that is what i need to do, seem andrew! it wasn’t my fault! … just bad bad auto-luck.

so no unique crazy wiper ideas? maybe a single wiper like the signal cars, what would i get that off of?

u can relocate it…but… its ricey… and overdone to say the least, to me wipers are just there to clean the window, there not supposed to bring attention to themselves, IMO a car looks better when u dont even notice it has wipers… theres an idea… take them off, and just bring a squeege(sp?) around…

P.S. dont do that… paint ur wipers black, fix them, leave them there… oh and dont get those stupid color wipers with 2 blades from CT… PLEASE!

i guess your wiper didnt like being riced out? :stuck_out_tongue:

PIAA wiper blades. stock wiper arms. (2 of them) do the trick just fine :lol:

maybe he painted them black because they were worn thru…?
you could always just get replacement parts from junkyard, im sure yard-240’s still have wiper parts.

Shut up little man, I have to paint mine too…

black is good

wtf??

no no no i JUST repainted them flatblack (and this was before i noticed the arm was off) because you could see the metal underneath, i dont want a ricer look, my cars a sleeper. painted them black!!!

and right now they look verynice in there fixed place, i’m going to fix the arm.

the improvement when i painted them was huge! the car looks so much cleaner when you no longer see the silver coming through.

how matt did you get the idea i was ricing out my wipers???

Just take the passanger wiper, install a 28" blade on it, and use it as a huge center wiper :stuck_out_tongue:

figured when u said “unique” tahts what u were looking for. and then Adam just said exactly what i was talking about.

ACK!