I broke my wiper, help me out

Okay so I was being a dumbass the other day, here’s my story…

I was washing the car so I had the wipers sticking up for a while.

I then completely forgot about this and lifted the hood. This caused the wipers to fall down on the windshield.

I was like “oh well” because I thought they just fell to their original positions.

I turned on the wipers and the passenger side one worked but the drivers one didn’t move, and I realized the drivers side one landed behind the passenger one when it fell so it was stuck…

I moved it back to its original positions in hope that it would just work normally. My hopes were shattered when the drivers side wiper stayed in its resting position while the passenger one slid freely across the windshield.

Now, while the wipers are off I notice that the drivers side wiper (the broken one) can be moved freely accross teh windshield (with my hand), but the passenger side one stays in one position and I can’t move it.

So something is broken.

Now, I thought it was the driver side wiper motor that was broken so I put up a WTB for it but someone posted in my thread and said that he had the same problem, and “It not the wiper motor, its the part that the wiper arm bolts to, and the linkage that is broken.”

So can you guys help me out and tell me how to fix this? Do I need the motor, or just get these other parts that he is talking about?

Thanks.

my passanger side linkage came off, take off the shield thats on the top of the firewall and there will be to holes, grab the linkages and see which one is loose, if its the driver its easy to do, the passanger, well lets just hope its the driver side.

One motor controls both arms.
And like the guy above said you need to take the shielding off and just snap the linkage back together. Once you open it up you will understand how the motor and wiper arms all work together. The only tricky part is trying to get those plastic covers off without breaking the canoe clips (Yup, that’s what nissan calls them). Just be gentle and try to slowly massage them out with a flathead or else they’re like $1.00 each.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone, it’s fixed now :slight_smile:

But the linkage does seem pretty lose, I mean it takes BARELY any effort to make it come off again…hopefully it will hold though :slight_smile: