anyone change windsheild links before?

as i was going to work , i used my wipers to clean off some dirt off my glass.( s14) all of a sudden it didnt work period. i took everything apart at work and it was a link. ( it looks like a metal bar that has 2 white piece connectors?

did this ever happen to anyone before on thier s14??

I’ve dont it on an S13 before, its just little ball shape things that fit the
linkage onto the bearings…

If both wipers arent working the linkage has come off the wiper motor
and its probally easiest to take the wiper motor out from the firewall so
you can reach down from on top (remove the cowl of course) and slip it
back on.

If its just one then pop the cowl off and attach the one thats come off.

PPL, can we please try and post questions in the appropriate sections?
If it sounds techy, take a wild guess where it should go.

Back on topic.

I did this not too long ago on my s14… IT WAS HELL… Simple enough thing to do, but getting to it is a B****. I ended up just taking it to the dealership to do it… Took them a couple hours themselves (I didn’t get charged for 2 hours of course), alot of sweat and blood, and frustration, but they go it, and apparently they said using a impact bar makes a difference…

James

I just did this 6 days ago on my RS13. My driver side wasn’t working, if both aren’t it may be the motor. If its just the driver side it’s possible that the ball its on wore out and now it wont stay to the linkage to fixmine I just ziptied it on an angle to keep it working. I’ll just have to see how long it will last.

it was a pain in the a$$ but i still managed to do it it took soo long . lucky i did it at my shop and i got ppl to help me do it