Wiper linkage broken

Driver side wiper doesnt function anymore and with the snow and salt water on the windshield its kinda left me desperate to get it fixed asap. Passenger wiper works just fine, driverside stays stationary. Im pretty damn sure its the linkage that broke goin to the driverside wiper. If anyone know how to fix this or can fix it please post or pm me. I need it done asap (saturday/sunday).

First try to tighten the driver side down, it could be as simple as a loose nut on the wiper arm. If thats not it dig into the cowl, your probably going to end up replacing the wiper linkage which either comes from the junkyard or the dealer.

Yeah i tried the nut on the dr side wiper and it was tight so its gotta be under the cowl. But im goin to let don take a look at it tomorrow . I know that shits in great hands then.

+1 that happened to mine

Did you turn on the wipers without removing snow/ice?

Altima?

You will have to take of the black plastic cowel. Just a couple screws and the wiper arms. You will see the linkage, it has two “female” ball sockets, the “male” portion is the drivers side linkage and IIRC the other “male” is the passenger side linkage. (the other “female” “male” combo is wiper motor to passenger linkage)

They just pop on and off, but be carefull because you may smash your fingers whe it pops off, wear gloves.

I left valu and turned on the wiper the only that moved was the passenger side. It was all water at this point in the nite(about 2 hours ago). Im goin to call around for the part tomorrow morning while i work some OT and see how much its goin to cost for it.

I just threw in the year 96…

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=BK&PartNumber=8195965&Description=Wiper+Transmission+Linkage

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=BK&PartNumber=8195964&Description=Wiper+Transmission+Linkage

alot of times the plastic that holds the shaft to the wiper breaks as well and i doubt you can get that at napa

^^^ thanks, Goin to call them tomorrow morning to see if its in stock. If not ill call around and find one. odds are knowin me ill buy it off autoplace or mike barney their parts counter is open tomorrow morning and from what ive heard its a common thing that happens in the winter.

+1 i fixed a few like this.

:tup: Thanks to don i can see again!

You once were blind but now can see… :stuck_out_tongue: