windshiled wiper broken help!!!

im at work right now stairing outside at the pissing rain thinking “fuck my driver side wiper doesnt work” so im looking to SON for some info. the passanger side works fine. driver side has nothing. anyone has problems before im sure its a easy fix but if someone can help me out to get it done faster it will be much appreciated

nobody has ever had this problem. come on its a 240sx i no this shit must break all the time and im sure it takes nothing more then some electical tape a ziptie and a piece of gum to get it fixed

http://i34.tinypic.com/oqx8he.jpg

sorry i had to…lol

on a serious note…

check the linkage system, I dont have a solid idea on how our cars are, but here is a simple image to get you going i guess. check the rod that should be running across the car… best of luck
http://image.made-in-china.com/4f0j00vBoTrtfcJpqj/Overlapped-Wiper-Assembly-KG-002-KG-004-.jpg

Same thing happened to me when I crashed mine, the wiper arm under the windshield tray just popped off and that’s more than likely what occurred with your car.

There are two linkages - the first one connects the wiper motor to the main pivot point which is also your passenger wiper drive -the second linkage connects the main pivot to the secondary (driver’s side) wiper.
Likely your secondary linkage has become disconnected from either end resulting in your passenger side working but not the driver’s side. When the linkages start disconnecting it will reoccur if you simply reconnect it -try to find a used one in good shape -you should feel it “snap on” when connecting if the linkage ends are in good condition.

While you are at it check both pivot /drive assemblies - if there is a lot of free play replace them as your wipers will not have enough pressure on the windshield to work properly

alrighy boys i was just bored at work and figured i would ask. im going to take alook at it this week.

i have s14 linkage if you need let me know

try checking your wiper amp to.its the green box on the passenger side.right by the wiper motor

its like a cup and ball under the windshield garnish, if it fell off just replace it, the linkage assembly is like 20-25 from nissan. once your old one pops out, its fucked, any resistance it will pop out again

sound like the arm poped off, you can get the linkage assembly i guess its worth it if it is only 25 bucks. it happen to me in the winter so i did a quick fix i put the arm back on and heated the cup with a propane torch worked perfectly.