Unlock your car with a tennis ball??? *VID*

Think this works
http://algebraoflife.blogspot.com/2007/02/unlocks-your-car-using-tennis-ball.html

I’ll give it a try

i call bs :bsflag:

i concur

i figureed halfway through it would have something to do with air pressure. But thats alot of Pressure to turn a whole lock cylinder. hrm, maybe someone has to try this

i highly doubt the lock mechanism is airtight

AWWWWWW…

I was hoping for.

1. cut hole in ball
  2. put rocks inside
  3. throw at window.

sigh

It is true for some cars. Some of the newer Mercedes for instance have vacuum air locks (not mechanical motor). The locking mechanism pushes air through the system to pop the locks.

I doubt it will work on older cars, but some of the new cars it will work on.

You can do this with Audis.

Have you done it?? I wanna try on my accord. I gotta find a tennis ball first.

the only cars this will work on is cars that have the pnumatic locks that are directly connected to the lock cylinder

said locks also have to be a pressure / unlock - vacuum / lock set up

VWs have this system in older cars

lol everyone is goin to be breaking into car with tennis balls now

this will only work on cars with vacuum locks (audi, mercedes, older VWs, older volvos i think)

definately possible.

i could have sworn that alot of the vw’s and audi’s had electric switches which activated the pump, which then activated the locks

but i can no longer recall how the air lines were run to the lock. i want to say that a load of the ones i actualy got to play with had cams on the lock cylinder that tapped the switch, but like i said …

agreed this will not work.

innocent until proven guilty…

i like your new sig

This is how S4’s get jacked all the time… And I think it’s a bad idea posting this up. I’m sure the ones with a criminal mind will be giving it a try for the wrong reason.

Not my fault :slight_smile: