UPDATE FOR EVERYONE RUNNING D2 COILOVERS!

Found this on Zilvia

UPDATE

This thread has come our attention and I wanted to address some of the concerns. At one point D2 switched manufacturers for some of the oils in the shock and so far all the shocks which have had excessive noise coming from them have been traced back to this manufacturing run. D2 has since switched back to the original supplier and all coilovers sold recently and any sold from now on should not experience this problem. Again I want to stress that this issue is not a problem with every D2 coilover sold, only some. It may not even affect all 4 coilovers, depending on the dampening it could just be your rear struts or just your front struts that are affected.

We have extra replacement struts on the way from D2. If you feel your coilovers might be affected by this you will (upon confirmation of defect) be eligible for replacements free of charge. We will also extend this offer through next winter to be sure that if your shocks are from the questionable batch you will be eligible for a replacement then even if they don’t start acting up until that time. I would like to reiterate that this does not affect all shocks only a relatively small # of the overall coilovers in the US. If you feel that you are affected by this please call us AFTER FEB 1ST (we should have replacements by then) @ 919-383-5000.

-Michael
D2 Racing North America

So besides making noise how else does it effect it? Any effects in the performance?

some people have said their shocks are blowing in cold weather. thats all i’ve heard

I ran my D2’s until the end of December. Even on days below -30. I drove casually and they held up fine.

Interesting though, I wonder if it is legit.

yes it is lagit its in regards to people who are hearing clunking and squeaks from their coilovers

i’ve been trying to get ahold of them for this for a couple weeks now… no luck.

u guys should call marcus in toronto.
he will deal with these issues immediately with awesome service.
416 835 8490.

ive had two leakin shocks on my car since ive bought them, over a year ago and after pissing and moning ive had no luck gettin marcus to do anything about it, so im at a loss to get them fixed and i dont really know who to call abuot this, i would really like to get the two replaced by the time i bring my car back out

if anybody can help me that would be great

Farmer

u guys should speak to him and im sure he will try do it…
keep reminding him.

lets clear things up here for a second.

Marcus isnt fulfilling the warranties himself,

he has to take the information you provide and send it to D2 and they have to ok the warranty.

the same thing will happen with KYB. the manufacturer fulfills the warranty, not the dude u buy it off.

its the same thing as when you take a stereo back to future shop, they send it out for repair if it is covered under manufacturers warranty. all automotive parts are covered by manufacturers warranty not retailer warranty. although many retialers have a 30 days retrun is the item is unopened or whatever… either way you didnt buy these things from Wal-mart so dont expect that simple a process.

D2 has ackowledged that there are issue with SOME struts.

i am confident that we will be able to warranty the struts for several of us, but you can clearly see that they will not be available until after FEB 1.

even then there are likley others in the US that has this same problem.

i have tried to contact D2 USA and marcus is n contact with D2 HQ, so it is just a matter of time.

we were some of the first guys in on this so it should be a sinch to get this stuff done. it is just hard because we have to contact international suppliers.

soo…

lets not turn this into a complaints thread or talk about who is responsible for what.

we were aware of this situation about a week or so ago and have been trying to figure it out since.

one thing that i know for sure is that each person who would like to make a claim needs to express what is wrong with their coilovers in a way that can be transferred to D2. if you think you can just refresh your struts if there is nothig wrong with them then you are probably mistaken.

also, it is likely that you will only get the strut replaced, not the whole coilover, so dont go abusing your coilovers because u think you are getting new ones. the camber tops and springs are likely not a part of this particular issue.

it would be sketchy for me to lock this thread, but i dont see there being anything else constructive being posted.

patience is all i can say.

These warranty issues are actively being persued. If you are experiencing problems with your coilovers please contact me or the person you bought them from so that the issue can be taken care of.

“Again I want to stress that this issue is not a problem with every D2 coilover sold, only some.”