Update on my car

I received word yesterday from the insurance that my car is officially written off, and that I can buy it back. So that’s what I’m going to do

It was a good deal for me, so I’m going to keep the car for parts and sell the engine and transmission in the near future.

Currently the car will not start. Only thing that does work is the power locks. I haven’t really tested anything other than this or even checked into it. Call me lazy :lol:

There is no accessory or power when the key is on, and it will not crank when the key is turned.

This could be a few things, but the engine is not damaged (aside from intercooler piping coming off and blowoff valves off as well). I think it’s in the wiring, either the harness was chopped up a bit or the fusebox is busted up.

I’ll have to take a closer look this weekend and patch up some wiring, and check if there are any ECU codes.

Long story short, the engine won’t be for sale until it’s up and running. Other than that and the tranny, I’m not really interested in parting out the car, unless someone is in a bind.

And NO! It doesn’t have a passenger air vent! :rolleyes:

rb26dett? how much u want for it?

Yes it’s the RB26DETT. I’m not exactly sure what I would include with the engine - ECU, wiring harness, etc… Currently it’s not for sale until I figure out the electrical problems, but it’ll be up in the classifieds as soon as I have it running.

Physically the engine is fine, it didn’t get damaged at all. Just the intercooler piping came off, which should be no problem to reattach.