update on the ride

Yup still alive

Car may be done this weekend (28th) Speedworks is super busy at this time, hoping they can squeeze me in.

turbos came in last weekend(great condition for used turbos, very little play)
hicas balljoint, cvboot also being replaced

looking forward to hanging out with necc again

Im going nuts, but saving a TON of money on gas :roll: and any “tickets” i would probably have gotten by now, I have to admit, this 1st maintanence/repare has grounded me a lot metally with reguards to taking it easy out there.

Hey Charles,

Good to hear about the car man! Look forward to seeing you around again. :slight_smile:

Not sure I believe you about speeding though - once you get back on that boost it’ll be all over! :E

He is back
Nice to hear everything is going well again charles. Just tell SpeedWorks to stop working on Jamie’s car and fix yours :E

Good to hear man!! I missed the sound of your car!!

Taking it easy out there?? OMG what happened to you?? Just wait till ya sit in that racing seat and rev it up and hear the bov go off!!

brand new turbos have a little play. I watched a few mins as they were getting your rf axle out on Thursday. Which turbos did you end up getting?

Just went with stock ones for now, no point doing a minor hp upgrade if my plans are doing a rebuild this winter.

Thanks for the updaye 1mns13 at least i know they started on it.

And i need to settle down out there if im going to save for the rebuild, you guys know i was spending 150$ a week on gas??? repairs cost less then the last 5weeks of gas would have :slight_smile:

Plan on friday nights at bud park and sat/sun there too if i run under 13.99???

To tune the ecu, do i need a new ecu or just a tuner? can i use someone elses turner and plag and play during a dyno or are they wired in?

Ecu tuning is done by somebody who can burn a chip, and socket your ecu. I recall r32 ecus being easieast of the gtrs to tune. You might want to get a power fc.

That is one sweet ride! I see it probably every second day when I go to check on my rebuild. Speedworks is busy but they just rehired an old employee (Jimmy? I hope I remember correctly), so that’s 33% larger labor force! LOL

buddy, looks like we are in a race to get our cars done. How would you feel racing an fd?

And by an fd i mean a crazy fd.

what fd, the orange one? nice guy, or the grey with the carbon?

HAHA, no the fd that noone knows about. The fd that has a $40,000 competition stereo. Also the one that is gonna run laps around the orange one. And man DO THE WORK YOURSELF. it only took me and my friend 3 hours to get my turbos off. and trhere in some fucked up places. Doin the work yourself is KEY in saving money

Ya i want to do work myself, but NO GARAGE :frowning:

WHen i do the rebuild over the winter, im talking some friends into letting me use theirs, i guy i work with runs the “yellow desperado” at budpark, he has a 5car garage, trying to talk him into it!! i can pull the back seat and sleep on it at night beside the car on those all nighters :slight_smile:

As for a more of an update, apperently they ARE doing mine on breaks :slight_smile:

and only going to be around 8hrs total, throw in the fact they have gone over it top to bottom for me and found nothing else wrong (ecept left cvboot cracking) im pretty pleased with Speedworks and Neil, he knows his shit.

40,000$ of stereo equipment will weight him down a bit :slight_smile:
Ya looking forward to the “secret secret” fd :wink:

damb if i had 40k to work with…JDM version of “knighrider” :wink:

Oh you can get an identical CV boot at Canadian Tire.

I posted on GTRCanada about this, check into that. Why spend 60 bucks plus shipping whtn a $17 part does the same thing :smiley:

Thanks Q, neil was going to do some looking around before i bought from Japan, i’ll give him the info

thanks

OK this is from my post on GTRC.

The outer boots are the same (LH/RH), get the Canadian Tire part # 86-1174K

For the driver’s inner boot, the CT part # is 86-1173K

These boots fit 100% perfect. I didn’t have to change the passenger inner CV boot. It might be the same as the other inner one, it might not.