Upgrades opinions

I think that Bing and whomever else had the right idea about upgrading SON240SX, but now it looks like everything is oversize! If things downsized a bit it would be better!

FTL due to DK mode!

FTW: networking with our extended family!

the old host was nice and clean
everything stood out
no more homepage
and the colouring blends everything together making it harder to read at a glance

linking all the other sites is cool though

VB 4 is fully customizable by users?

I’m not overly concerned about the aesthetics as yet, What I do love though is the cross forum postings. It’s going to really help individual sales and purchases for one, transfer alot of knowledge and build new bridges.

site looks GREAT

Hey guys,

over the next couple days / weeks please be in touch with us about issues you find in the interface

there are going to be alot of little things that need to be done with user accounts and permissions and forums etc. but it would have had to have happened eventually anyways so lets get it all out of the way early on.

I’m not totally satisfied with the lay out of the forums right now but it was necessary because of some of the things we wanted to do. We’ll find ways around it to make things more friendly as we go.

Yeah the only thing that bothers me right now is the colors too much white -

Mehhhh

Agreed with meh. I kinda like the new layout, but as bing said, they’re still working at it. I have faith that a fair share will be improved. Looking forward to it! Keep up the good work, mods.

Since very few of you guys know me, I will introduce myself.
My name is Mike, I live in Buffalo NY. I am responsible for all of the behind the scenes technical stuff including the layouts and functionality. Please post up what you think. Your opinions and comments will only help us to further the site and the network creating an incredible destination for the users.

Thanks!

soooooooooooooooooooooo pimped!!

it looks nice

Meh

Increase the DB size 4 fold… that should speed up the site… LOL

could be better…
doesnt feel like son anymore… feels like a random forum now…
as if this might bring out less douchebaggary…
sadface.
lol

will the new son still provide the lolz?!:\

Everything is oversized, BB Code is disabled in members signatures (Stupid, can’t edit links anymore)

Cross-Site pollunation contamination BS (N)

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

^ Can’t edit posts… fail

Agreed with Driftacular though; Does not feel like Son anymore.

Definitely not liking the over crowded forum categories now.
I have no clue where I’m looking anymore and get quite lost.

I’ve been doing some tests of my own on 4.0 with CanDrift. It’s quite different so I can understand the complications within the entire CMS format.

Not liking the banner sections at all either. The ad is MUCH to big.

We’ll certainly do that. See how the collaboration is already taking place.

No likey

I am seriously loooost!
I’m surprised I even found this thread to post in lol
Then again. I’m not a fan of change. I’m sure it will grow on everyone.

I do agree with to much white.
I also agree with Mike…the forum is cluttered like a mofo.

I dunno, I just go with the flow lol

Good work though guys!

site looks good i guess but the colors do make threads hard to read, good layout n all but i say we turn it back to the old son colors ?