upgrading my laptop

well i just purchased a toshiba satellite notebook and i was wondering if i can upgrade the video card? it doesnt say anything about it being integrated just a pci express card. im not a huge computer guy so any help will be appreciated thanks.

model number of laptop

Satellite A135-S2276

Not worth it. Usually pricey if it can be upgraded.

[quote=“JDMjunkie”"]

well i just purchased a toshiba satellite notebook and i was wondering if i can upgrade the video card? it doesnt say anything about it being integrated just a pci express card. im not a huge computer guy so any help will be appreciated thanks.

[/quote]

highly doubtful. Laptops for the most part are not upgradeable

Some Dells are interswappable but its only the 9300 series & XPS’s (afaik).

Very few laptops can swap video cards due to most video cards being proprietary for their hardware they are in due to location of fans, memory, etc. All the goods.

Notebookforums.com has alot of good modding info, might want to check on it, but don’t be upset when you get let down because most the time its just not worth it.

Usually if you want to game on the laptop, buy one with the proper card in it ahead of time.

Interesting if I can find a compaq Armada 4160T motherboard it will swap into my 4131T.

Oh the endless possibilites that would present themselves with the power of 166MHz at my fingertips.

Or better yet a 4220t! 266MHZ of fury I could do word processing so much faster! Oh but would it fit?

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:7,topic:26227"”]

Interesting if I can find a compaq Armada 4160T motherboard it will swap into my 4131T.

Oh the endless possibilites that would present themselves with the power of 166MHz at my fingertips.

Or better yet a 4220t! 266MHZ of fury I could do word processing so much faster! Oh but would it fit?

[/quote]

If not, melt 2 first graders lunch boxes together and make it custom yo! That’d hot sauce right there.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:6,topic:26227"”]

Some Dells are interswappable but its only the 9300 series & XPS’s (afaik).

Very few laptops can swap video cards due to most video cards being proprietary for their hardware they are in due to location of fans, memory, etc. All the goods.

Notebookforums.com has alot of good modding info, might want to check on it, but don’t be upset when you get let down because most the time its just not worth it.

Usually if you want to game on the laptop, buy one with the proper card in it ahead of time.

[/quote]

okay cool ill check it out. i know i wanted to get a notebook with a better card but i could only get a credit card with a 600 dollar limit since it was my first one to establish credit. i really only wanna play WOW on it and i already installed it and it runs but its a little laggy. im going to get some more ram for it so hopfully that helps. thanks again.

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:9,topic:26227"”]

okay cool ill check it out. i know i wanted to get a notebook with a better card but i could only get a credit card with a 600 dollar limit since it was my first one to establish credit. i really only wanna play WOW on it and i already installed it and it runs but its a little laggy. im going to get some more ram for it so hopfully that helps. thanks again.

[/quote]

Hmm maybe post up what card you have, proc, and ram.

Ram will help, but also depending on the card there might be some better drivers out there over stock that can help a little.

hmm interesting…well here are the specs

Processor- Pentium Dual Core 1.60Ghz (number, T2060)
Video Card-Radeon® Xpress 200M
RAM- 512 PC4200

definitely upgrade to at least a gig of ram

yeah i most likely am tomorrow

just a thought, because im not sure what version of DirectX WOW runs, but you may want to try reducing it to DX8 or even DX7. Doing this is different for every game, but for a small reduction in eye candy you may be able to boost the framerate of the game (since thats what lag essentially is).

RAM will absolutely help i wouldnt recommend any system to have less than 1 gig now.