Upper Apartment renovation

Since everyone has been posting renovations, I thought I would post some before and after pics for the upper apartment.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Cliffs:
Things completed:

• Wall and ceiling repairs
  • ceiling fans installed
  • new dining room flooring
  • new carpet
  • new laminate in kitchen
  • crown molding
  • paint
  • replacing switches and outlets

Nice job. Since its a rental unit, what was the update cost versus rent increase. Just curious. I’m in north buffalo near you, with a double too.

Well to make a long story short, my in-laws are moving in because the they got a divorced and the mother in-law and sister in-law have no place to go since part of the divorce deal was to sell the house… so, I am losing money but felt like I did a good deed since they were very helpful and supportive during my cancer treatment this past year.

I can totally respect that. Looks great either way. Hope the living situation works out as best as possible.

Thank you! Me too man, the house will be filled with 4 girls lol

Over the long term you will make out anyhow. You can always ask a few more $$$ on an updated unit and it certainly helps resale.

Good to see you helping out family. :tup:

Looks great!

great job

Amazing what even a little paint can do. Looks a lot better and inhabitable now! LOL

Crown molding adds so much to a room. Plus you can save a bunch of time if you’re an amateur with drywall by not having to deal with perfectly mudding that very unfun ceiling to wall joint.

nicely done!

And as a side note, I love the North Buffalo style home…I should really get one…

i love mine, I’m over on Crestwood. It looks presentable enough on the outside but we have real hardwood throughout and it is really nice.

blink

Ya’ll need to carry around some rabbits feet or wear cross necklaces or something.

Seriously though, nice to see family helping each other out in hard times. Great work too. The whole time I was scanning the pictures I was wondering why you were making a rental so nice. You definitely took it from cheapish rental to warm and homey. Good work.

Looks great man, thumbs up to helping take care of people whove taken care of you

This. My brother was considering doing it and I didn’t think it would make much of a difference. But wow, that ties it together very nicely.

Where is the unit located?

That was my main point. I wanted them to think of this place as their “home” and not an apartment. My wife and I tried very hard to make it warm and homey and they so far they love it. They will be moving in soon.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Crown molding makes every room nicer and it is a cheap renovation to hide uneven plaster walls that have waves in them. Crown molding hides the point where the ceiling and wall meet which demonstrates how uneven the wall is because of the white ceiling paint meeting the wall paint.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Totally agree. The paint and new carpet brought back life in this place

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Village of Kenmore.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Thank you everyone else for the comments!!

Any other suggestions that an amateur can get done?

Show us the kitchen…

Yeah I noticed that. Did you use one piece all the way around for each room, or did you have to join a few pieces together for some of the longer rooms?