urgent: sr swap driveshaft fitment issues wtf

hey guys i was trying to put in my driveshaft into the sr tranny and there is like a black ring around the end of the tranny that hits the bolts on the rubberized 6-bolt crossmember thing on the s13 manual driveshaft, the original cut off driveshaft that came with the clip had a ujoint right before the tranny input flange so it wasnt wide and didnt have that 6bolt rubber cross memeber and it fit inside the black ring, i need maybe an auto driveshaft and ubolt the front half of it and bolt it together with my driveshaft ? any ideas ? i need my car outta the garage its not mine and I cant drive it out, let me know… thanks…

SR manual tranny?

ABS or no ABS driveshaft? the correct one for the car/LSD

not certain, But I think I had to remove a dust collar on my trnny, I can’t exactly remember…

i got both its not that, its the joint protector i realized I have to cut it off, or get a 180sx driveshaft i think… did anyone else cut that ?

I beleive I did, but can’t remember its been so long and I had help…

do you still have a KA tranny to cross compare with?

that whole black dust guard comes out, you just have to hit it with a hammer a few times.

if your paro paro about getting dirt into the tranny you could do what I did and just cut an inch or two off of it.

a lot of guys just take it off so you should be fine either way.

yup… all you gotta do is remove the SR dust collar from the tranny and bang in one from the KA… or just don’t use one.

nothing needs to be done with the driveshaft… don’t mess with that 6-bolt thingy cuz it’ll throw your shaft out of balance.

shit its too late i reassembled my driveshaft like 4 times lol btu its ok i torqued it evenly using a torque wrench, but yeah i cut the collar thing with a grinder abotu an inch and it fit no problem, thanks alot guys… now for some other problems in another thread lol…