driveshaft/tranny dust collar...

so we finally dropped in the SR, lined up all the mounts and connected the driveshaft. the only problem is we used the SR dust collar (i lost the KA one) and are now unable to slide the 3 bolts through to join the tranny/driveshaft.

has anyone used the SR dust collar? if so, how was it done?

i’d like to avoid dropping the tranny all over again (it was a b!tch lining it all up) unless it’s easier to do with the KA dust collar, in which case i can get one at Nissan for about $10.

Just tap it off with a hammer and tap the KA one in.

Like you said, it’s $10.

i didnt even use one

its fine

I’m sure it’s easy to swap the collars, but I’m worried about lining up the tranny and driveshaft after it’s all said and done. We struggled with a tranny jack for hours and then it just ‘popped’ right into place (pretty much a fluke).

I’m thinking of leaving the SR collar on and cutting it a bit to make room for the bolts.

What is there to line up?? The tranny doesn’t have to come out to take off the collar.

it was tough connecting the driveshaft to the tranny… I dunno, it just wouldn’t enter the shaft properly, and then it just slid into place by fluke.

that’s what I don’t wanna deal with again…unless it’s just the SR collar that made it too tight and difficult. :dunno:

you should be able to slide the spline into the tranny in literly 30 seconds, keep rotating it untill the groves line up and it should slide right in

i took mine in and out and back in again in like 1 min

Trimming it would be just fine if you don’t want to take out the drive shaft.

Theo

make sure the driveshaft is clean when installing it and make sure
it is perfectly centerd to the tranny. any ofset angle it will not go in…

I find it’s usually the angle that’s stopping it, it’ll be drooping down at the back cause of the weight, shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds.

^^^ Truesay not many people leave drivesafts outside in the rain to get all rusted and corroded… :wink:

Just order a new KA dust collar from nissan… although it may be a while… I have had one on order for about 3 weeks now… its back ordered or some crap! :slight_smile: