driveshaft problem *new snag x2*(tranny bolt,pulling tranny)

im installing a new clutch and im trying to take out the driveshaft. after quite a struggle i got all 4 bolts out at the joint right behind the center support. now i cant get the two pieces apart. they are rusted together or something but i cant budge them. what should i do to get them apart?

thereare otherplaces to remove the drive shaft.

^^^ sorry for short explainantion, i was on the phone.

if you cant get it apart there you can remove the driveshaft from the back, there is a connector that goes into the differential, thats where my driveshaft is removed while i do my clutch.

oh and for reference to the clutch, be careful of the pressure fork while tremoving the TOB bearing and carrier. you want to asemble it the same way it came off so be observant, i wasn’t so it took me awaile to get it what i think is perfect.

its stuck at the driveshaft also. can i get a large screwdriver and try to tap it off of the dif?

It’s stuck to the differential coupling? Are you sure it’s stuck?

Because the two matting surfaces between the driveshaft universal and the differential coupling are not flat. They have a convexity/concavity to them. Just unbolt the 4 bolts at the universal joint/coupling and wiggle that universal joint in all directions, it should pop off.

Then like the rest of the guys said. Unbolt the 2 hanger bearing housing bolts, remove the hanger bearing housing (both top and bottom), raise the shaft a bit and wiggle it straight out.

Also, don’t think that tranny fluid is just going to pour out; it won’t. There is a seal there to prevent that, and the amount of fluid you get will be invesly proportional to the condition of that seal.

For instance, when we pulled Nik’s (Racer 240sx) shaft, it trickled a little bit, not very much. When I pulled my shaft, nothing came out at all. But, it’s good to have a container anyway.

As for the rest of the install, like Nik said, watch out for that fork assembly. Oh, and have plenty of patience when putting the tranny back in place… make sure to have a rich vocabulary of profanity.

and as far as leaking make sure you drain your trans fluid!

and putting the trans back on the engine was horrible! if you have another person with you it will be better!

A tranny jack should make the job a bit easier.

ok driveshaft is off. rear mount is off. all tranny bolts but one are off. i cant get at the one on the top. how did you guys do it?

well i dunno how the hell i did it but i got the damn bolt off. everything is unbolted and the tranny is on two jacks but it wont budge. me and my dad were pulling pretty hard and it wont move. what now?

p.s. im a hardcore newb whos in way over his head, sorry for bugging you guys so much.

i am positive i have all the bolts. tranny weight is supported on two rolling jacks. still wont budge

i got it off. what i did was reinstall the clutch slave and i pressed the pedal. popped right off. i have everything off now and im gonna get the flywheel resurfaced tomorrow. any tips for getting the tranny back on?

i used the slave cylinder to try and pop the transmission off, and what happened was the slave pushed then the fork popped off and fluid sprayed out of the slave cylinder, now i need to replace it with my SR cylinder :roll:
it was a good idea in theory, i used a large bar and just popped it off … again…

that sucks man. im glad it worked out for me.